The Van I am trying to sell broke again

Rally Pat

Ok, I need someone to help me out. I was driving the thing home from school today, and I was going into Adena Brook ravine which leads to my house. I stopped for a car in front of me, and when I touched the throttle again, I noticed the van was still in second gear because it took off reaaaaaalllly slow. I had to manually shift it into first to get it to my house up the road. I pulled into my driveway, turned the van off, and tried to start it again to see if it would start. It tried, the engined turned over once or twice, then the starter started to click. So now it wont start.

It was on its way to its first oil change in about 2 years (it sat most of the time) and just had its new starter put in about a week and a half ago (i think).

please god tell me the tranny isnt blown, I really cant afford to fix that right now.

Ok, update. I think it was overheating because I let it sit for an hour and it started right up after that. It also started shifting right again. I am going to get the oil change tomarrow on my way to work. Is there anywhere I can have it done cheap and good?

This may sound horribly stupid, but if teh van has an electronic transmission and teh battery is not charging, it could possibly do what you are talking about. The fast that it wouldn't start, then started later sort of sounds like a bad alternator. You might get it checked out. Just a possible theory.

Its the alternator. I started it and let it run for about 30 minutes, and the battery wasnt being charged. I stopped on me on high street, and I had to call AAA. The dude agreed with me that it was the alternator.

Props to you, sir.

So yeah, Im rideless again cause the Olds still isnt fixed.j