Guys seriously, IPS Motorsprts FTW

Sam1647545489

Guy I cant express it enough how great these guys are to work with. They just did a short block swap for me. THe swap went smooth as hell and the guys at IPS made sure my new short block was done in a great timely matter. Car was down for a week and a half and 1 week was waiting for my parts to arrive. They did the swap in 2 days. Mike was even nice enough to wash my car once they were done which got dirty from me transporting it to them. I had to trailor it there in the rain and it got dirty but they took the time out to wash it up for me. They are even taking the time to ship my old short block to the new owner so I dont have to worry about hassling with it. :cool::cool:

Jeff, Mike, Greg, Tank, Ryan, Jason, a big thanks to all of you guys. Guys if you need any type of car work done, take to these guys, you will not be disappointed...

Now its time to reassemble the rest of my motor.. :cool:

IPSmotorsports.net

614-444-5884

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds like these guys do great work, i know them, but not very well. can one of you guys from ips pm me? i have some questions about a motor swap in my cousins car, might jsut send him to you depending on what kind of prices you can get th eparts and what pricing you r labor is. i know you do top notch work, so i figured id check you guys first.

sounds like these guys do great work, i know them, but not very well. can one of you guys from ips pm me? i have some questions about a motor swap in my cousins car, might jsut send him to you depending on what kind of prices you can get th eparts and what pricing you r labor is. i know you do top notch work, so i figured id check you guys first.

They do awesome work in a timely manner. They have installed and helped me trouble shoot many things over the years. The best way to reach them is by phone 614-444-5884. Give them a call in the morning as they get really busy with things during the day…Sounds good sam and I can’t wait till you finish the break in miles….

yeah right the only reason these guys are so good and nice is because they know your columbusracing.com members..lol just kidding I'm sure there a great group of guys but since we are giving praise..

I would like to personally thank Scott from Obetz auto repair for doing work on my car and not juding me as most shops do as some young black kid that doesn't know about the car he is driving..

Guy I cant express it enough how great these guys are to work with. They just did a short block swap for me. THe swap went smooth as hell and the guys at IPS made sure my new short block was done in a great timely matter. Car was down for a week and a half and 1 week was waiting for my parts to arrive. They did the swap in 2 days. Mike was even nice enough to wash my car once they were done which got dirty from me transporting it to them. I had to trailor it there in the rain and it got dirty but they took the time out to wash it up for me. They are even taking the time to ship my old short block to the new owner so I dont have to worry about hassling with it. :cool::cool:

Jeff, Mike, Greg, Tank, Ryan, Jason, a big thanks to all of you guys. Guys if you need any type of car work done, take to these guys, you will not be disappointed...

Now its time to reassemble the rest of my motor.. :cool:

IPSmotorsports.net

614-444-5884

Lucky for you... They took 6 months to do a shortblock swap on my bf's car. :rolleyes: Car has never run right ever since. I won't doubt that they have many satisfied customers, but our experience with them was very sub-par.

Lucky for you... They took 8 months to do a shortblock swap on my bf's car. :rolleyes: Car has never run right ever since.

LOL -- Id really really make you look silly but Im E-battled out this week. I dont even need to comment aside from asking you one question. Before posting about your "Boyfriends Car" that you obviously know nothing about please include the following or I will and make you look just a wee bit (more) ignorant:

1) The date the car was dropped off

2) The date that Mitsu FINALLY approved the new shortblock

3) The date that his damaged heads came back from the machine shop (so that we could actually START working on it)

4) The time period from that date (heads back) until it was up and running and delivered.

And then since you felt like bringing it up, also include the # of months from the day it was delivered until the the day the bill was FINALLY paid -- THAT is where you are getting that 8 months from :)

Jeff

PS -- Dont bother responding unless you plug in the above dates accurately...

PPS -- Yes, I do know the dates (all in his file) so guess away!

Car has never run right ever since.

Your boyfriend bought an air/fuel controller he has no clue how to tune and it had to be towed all the way back here for us to change the plugs (since they were beyond fouled) and tweak the ARC-2 for 5 minutes and it started right up and ran fine. Plug changes are Maint 101 for a 3/S so if you cant get the car to run right with the ARC2 sell it and buy something a little easier to figure out. I told Jeremy that the first day he brought the car here and then again 8 months later when he finally paid for it....

All the hours on the phone about fried ECUs and bad MAFs and bad this and that and all that was needed was a 1/2 Hour Plug swap -- yeah, that car was REALLY scrwed up LOL.

Jeff

Lucky for you... They took 8 months to do a shortblock swap on my bf's car. :rolleyes: Car has never run right ever since. I won't doubt that they have many satisfied customers, but our experience with them was very sub-par.

wow your stupid!!!!!

Guest phantom CRX

Dear IPS motorsports,

I'm a person of not so many words. But I got alot of words on the car said above. first of all why are you wasting your time e-battle'in IF your place is so great. I personaly dont see why you give a crap what anyone says and let your work speak for it's self. But the work ive seen so far done buy YOU IPS..really not impressed. I've looked over the bills, aswell as went back and checked the said work and parts. the majorty of it was NOT required to work on the car. I seen one bill were you threw parts at the car "praying" that was the problem. you know what im talking about.

As far as the install on the ARC2.. really really awfull i NEVER seen so many usless connections in my time. Looks like a rookie tryed installin this one. as for the boost controller, DID NOT work.. and was installed incorrectly. Might have worked if the car was from 1982 since that was the generation of the boost controller..

Dont waste your time going for the defence post on this. it will get you no where. I have posted this on alot of other forums. Im speaking out from what i seen.. and sorry for lack of better words.. its shit. plan and simple. I know many people with the VR4 and so on..your not one i would send them to. well So long mr. IPS. but this job you done im not inpressed. Iv also posted pics.. around .. you can dig for them if you like.

P.S Like i say dont bother with the reply to this.. you wont get a answer from me. Take care all who had luck with "IPS".

As far as the install on the ARC2.. really really awfull i NEVER seen so many usless connections in my time. Looks like a rookie tryed installin this one. as for the boost controller, DID NOT work.. and was installed incorrectly. Might have worked if the car was from 1982 since that was the generation of the boost controller..

Dont waste your time going for the defence post on this. it will get you no where. I have posted this on alot of other forums. Im speaking out from what i seen.. and sorry for lack of better words.. its shit. plan and simple. I know many people with the VR4 and so on..your not one i would send them to. well So long mr. IPS. but this job you done im not inpressed. Iv also posted pics.. around .. you can dig for them if you like.

Could you be any more vague? "Phantom CRX" and you are talking about 3/S stuff as if you had any idea what you are talking about. I have no clue whos car you are talking about but since we have never installed an ARC2 at the shop in the 3+ years weve been in business, Im guessing this is still about Jeremys stealth. If so, you should probably know his ARC2, boost controller (that did look straight outta 1976) and all his other electronics were installed long before it got to us. All we did was an engine swap and everything in the interior, electronics, wiring, yada yada was left untouched. Critique whatever WV shop that did it all you want, but it sure wasnt us....

Tell you what Mr. CRX, if you have all these invoices, all these pictures, and all this "Proof" of how much we suck start your own thread so I can make you luck dumber than the girlfriend in that one. Deal?

EDIT: Nevermind, dont bother. A 4 second search on your boardname on here tells you really do drive a CRX, graduated from High School in '02, and live in Lima (imagine that) so there is no longer any need. Only thing im kinda curious about is your Avatar stating you are 27? Graduated in '02 and you are 27? That Algebra 1 is a bitch huh? LOL.

Could you be any more vague? "Phantom CRX" and you are talking about 3/S stuff as if you had any idea what you are talking about. I have no clue whos car you are talking about but since we have never installed an ARC2 at the shop in the 3+ years weve been in business, Im guessing this is still about Jeremys stealth. If so, you should probably know his ARC2, boost controller (that did look straight outta 1976) and all his other electronics were installed long before it got to us. All we did was an engine swap and everything in the interior, electronics, wiring, yada yada was left untouched. Critique whatever WV shop that did it all you want, but it sure wasnt us....

Tell you what Mr. CRX, if you have all these invoices, all these pictures, and all this "Proof" of how much we suck start your own thread so I can make you luck dumber than the girlfriend in that one. Deal?

EDIT: Nevermind, dont bother. A 4 second search on your boardname on here tells you really do drive a CRX, graduated from High School in '02, and live in Lima (imagine that) so there is no longer any need. Only thing im kinda curious about is your Avatar stating you are 27? Graduated in '02 and you are 27? That Algebra 1 is a bitch huh? LOL.

The professionalism in which you represent your business is second to none.

... you should probably know his ARC2, boost controller (that did look straight outta 1976) and all his other electronics were installed long before it got to us. All we did was an engine swap and everything in the interior, electronics, wiring, yada yada was left untouched. Critique whatever WV shop that did it all you want, but it sure wasnt us....

Oh really?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/TraciBande/IPSInvoice.jpg

So do you charge customers for work you didn't do? Or are you just trying to cover up your work?

I would like to personally thank Scott from Obetz auto repair for doing work on my car and not juding me as most shops do as some young black kid that doesn't know about the car he is driving..

Well, in that case, I should inform you that your car is either a WS6 or a Firehawk...it can't be both.

Oh really?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/TraciBande/IPSInvoice.jpg

So do you charge customers for work you didn't do? Or are you just trying to cover up your work?

Actually neither. We didnt install it in the first place. We also didnt un-install it. The car wouldnt even start with the new engine put back in so after adjusting the settings of the ARC2 50 times (go ahead and highlight that part on the bill for us please) we took the console apart to look at all the wiring/connections. Like CRV-dude said, it looked like a 2nd grade science project gone terribly wrong. We spent as much time in correcting the wiring so that all the connections were solid so that ARC2 even worked, and left it at that. Trust me, it would have been a helluva lot more than 2 hours to pull all that mess out, go through it, and start all over with the install.

Anything else youd like to bring up you obviously know nothing about?

The professionalism in which you represent your business is second to none.

It has nothing to do with professionalism whatsoever. Post about something you know nothing about online and try to present yourself like you do and expect to be called on it. Pretty simple.

No different than me posting about a specific car that left Buschur based on what a friend of a friends 3rd-cousins uncle told me about how screwed up it was. I dont care if its bad or not, post all you want as long as its accurate. You have two people posting (a girlfriend and what I can only assume to be a friend) that have proven to know little/nothing of what was done to the car before it came here and what very little we actually did/charged for. If the actual owner of the car cares to post about something that was delivered to him almost a year ago (not sure why we are even talking about now) then by all means....

The closest thing even he could possibly complain about was his car getting broken into while it was here last year. Luckily, aside from a broken drivers glass and missing stereo equipment that was all that was done. It sucks, but its one of those things that happen when a car cant be stored inside for "X" months at a time awaiting Mitsu to approve/disapprove a shortblock on a warranty issue. If someone wants to post that we suck because of that then so be it -- at least it would be the first factual complaint in the whole thread....

First of all this thread was to say how great of a job IPS did on my car.

Second, why is a girlfriend of a guy who had his car worked on posting instead of the actual owner himself posting.

Now lets get back on this thread track. Today is memorial day and I had alittle issue with my cars cam sensor wire and Chris from IPS was nice enough to drive to my house today and help resolve the problem. We found out that I needed to switch some wires, no biggie at all. So again IPS is a great place to have work done on your car or have some help on your car done if needed.

Actually neither. We didnt install it in the first place. We also didnt un-install it. The car wouldnt even start with the new engine put back in so after adjusting the settings of the ARC2 50 times (go ahead and highlight that part on the bill for us please) we took the console apart to look at all the wiring/connections. Like CRV-dude said, it looked like a 2nd grade science project gone terribly wrong. We spent as much time in correcting the wiring so that all the connections were solid so that ARC2 even worked, and left it at that. Trust me, it would have been a helluva lot more than 2 hours to pull all that mess out, go through it, and start all over with the install.

Anything else youd like to bring up you obviously know nothing about?

First off, why did you lie about not having touched the wiring on the arc-2 until I posted the bill proving you had?

Secondly, Jeremy NEVER had any issues with the arc-2 unit or the wiring before it came into your shop, so we know that the original wiring was never the problem. He knows what the wiring looked like under there before you worked on it, and knows it looked nothing like the hack-job mess he found afterwards. You did a half-assed job reconnecting the arc-2 just enough to get the unit working, you said it yourself above (Although, we're not sure why it wouln't have worked anyways, since it worked absolutely fine when it came into your shop).

You may wonder why I am focusing so much on the arc-2 and the wiring, and I will tell you. My bf and his "incompetent" friend, or so you call him, spent last night diagnosing and fixing what we are sure has been the problem ever since the car left your shop.

Somewhere in reconnecting the arc-2, you left wires improperly grounded, affecting signal from the MAF and CAS. The dealership that looked at his car, the week before it went back to your shop for the third time, found a fading/on-off signal from the MAF and CAS. We told you this before you picked the car up, and even you admitted that it was most likely an issue with the ECU. So when you found nothing wrong with the ECU, you assumed that the problem was nothing but his supposed "innability to tune" causing the spark plugs to foul. You ignored what we told you about the signals (and the CEL's the car was throwing), didn't look any further into the problem, and simply changed the spark plugs.

Well last night my bf and the "imcompetent" friend tried to tackle whatever problem the car was still having (since the underlying problem was never fixed). Once again, the car was a no-start. We checked the ECI fuse and found that to be blown. Replaced that, car tried to start, chugged a little, then died. So they then disconected the arc-2 unit, this time the car started and ran, but ran very badly. They then traced the wires under the console, where they found the improperly grounded wires, and grounded them themselves. Guess what? Car started up great! Can you imagine?!

Your boyfriend bought an air/fuel controller he has no clue how to tune and it had to be towed all the way back here for us to change the plugs (since they were beyond fouled) and tweak the ARC-2 for 5 minutes and it started right up and ran fine. Plug changes are Maint 101 for a 3/S so if you cant get the car to run right with the ARC2 sell it and buy something a little easier to figure out. I told Jeremy that the first day he brought the car here and then again 8 months later when he finally paid for it....

I bet you also would have had a hard time tuning the arc-2 with a bad MAF signal.

All the hours on the phone about fried ECUs and bad MAFs and bad this and that and all that was needed was a 1/2 Hour Plug swap -- yeah, that car was REALLY scrwed up LOL.

Care to retract that statement? LOL :)

PS... I'm working on getting those dates for you ;)

The closest thing even he could possibly complain about was his car getting broken into while it was here last year. Luckily, aside from a broken drivers glass and missing stereo equipment that was all that was done. It sucks, but its one of those things that happen when a car cant be stored inside for "X" months at a time awaiting Mitsu to approve/disapprove a shortblock on a warranty issue. If someone wants to post that we suck because of that then so be it -- at least it would be the first factual complaint in the whole thread....

Again, a lie. The car had to come back not even a week after we picked it up from you, because it ran like a pile of crap. THAT's when it was broken into.

Ok, time for good cop bad cop lol. There is a way to post that your experience was less than perfect and what your specific issues were. Having a girlfriend post about something that happened well over a year ago isnt one of them. Post facts (good or bad) and you wont get your words thrown in your face. Post things like "They took 8 months to do a shortblock swap on my bf's car. Car has never run right ever since" and "As far as the install on the ARC2.. really really awfull i NEVER seen so many usless connections in my time. Looks like a rookie tryed installin this one. as for the boost controller, DID NOT work.. and was installed incorrectly. Might have worked if the car was from 1982 since that was the generation of the boost controller.. " are so out of context and without any background knowledge its amazing.

Jeremys Stealth was here for a VERY long time. Was it because it took us 8 months to figure out how to swap a shortblock in a 3/S (this is a weekly thing here btw) or was it because 3 days after the car was dropped off the engine was pulled and shortblock sent in to Mitsu for Diagnosis/Warranty Claims? Might be good info to include since its worded as if we pulled the engine and spent 7 3/4 months trying to figure out how it went back in LOL. It would also be good to include that the "Car has never run right since" because "It has an Air/Fuel controller my boyfriend doesnt have the faintest idea how to use." Its not a knock on him at all -- we cant stand it either. You either take Jeffs advice and put an AFC2 or Emanage Ultimate in it or live with the fact the car is going to run like complete shit. Either way, it has nothing to do with the work we either did or didnt do here. Both Jeff and myself told him numerous times to sell it and he didnt want to -- his baby. We have brought the car back twice, both times because the plugs were so fouled the car wouldnt even start anymore. Replace just the front three and it would sputter and cough and spit and run like hell but it ran. Spend the extra 10 minutes to do the rears and it starts and runs fine. The car is running 1000% times too rich and until he learns how to tune it its going to be a weekly ordeal.

As far as the CRX guy posting its the same thing. I actually agreed with 95% of what he said but the only problem being we didnt do any of the work he is making fun of. We "Fixed" enough of the ARC2 wiring to make it functional. Jeremy didnt have any money to spend to re-do it correctly so that was all that was done (somebody already posted that for us in this thread I believe). Make fun of it and the boost controller and the fact none of it worked all youd like but it would be good to make a phone call and find out who did it before you make an assumption that it was us. Just my 2 cents....

Bottom Line, like Jeff has said, I have no clue why this is being brought up now and brought up by someone that was never on the phone, not here when Jeremy picked up his car, and somehow talks as if it all happened to her? We did nothing but tell him how to make the car something that would be a "Daily" driver and he wasnt interested so hes the one that either has to spend a few hours reading up on his particular set-up or finally get sick of it and sell it for something simpler. Either way that gives her no right to say a word about IPS or anything we did to his car. Believe it or not, replacing an engine and actually tuning a car are two ENTIRELY different procedures. One we did and one we did not. Why didnt we? Because he had no money for us to do so. Actually, he didnt have money to pay for the engine swap either but being the trusting guys we are we let him have his car back anyway with more than a grand still owed. Guess what happened? Over 50-75 phone calls later spread out over close to 8 months the car got towed back "Running like shit" and was fixed by me personally in less than an hour. Another spark plug change and a quickie couple free minutes of tuning and it was good to go again. Only then did we get paid from the work completed damn near a year before.

I'm pretty sure that is why you arent getting much "Benefit of the doubt" from any of us. We have done nothing but try to help your boyfriend in terms of work, advice, and flexability to work around his finances and first we get stiffed with over $1200 for over 6 months and then we get what we did for him thrown in our faces a year later by two people that had/have nothing to do with him/us/the car. Show some respect and you will get some. Otherwise....

First of all this thread was to say how great of a job IPS did on my car.

Second, why is a girlfriend of a guy who had his car worked on posting instead of the actual owner himself posting.

I truely apologize for flooding your thread with this nonsense. Fellow members were commenting on their experiences with IPS, and I thought I had every right to do the same. I am glad you had a wonderful experience with them, as I'm sure many others have also. We were just not as fortunate, I guess.

As far as me posting instead of my boyfriend? I am not as out-of-the-loop as Jeff thinks I am regarding this matter. I have followed the whole situation very closely, and have gotten all of the facts from my boyfriend. I would not make such a post without evidence to back it up. I also hope I am not being accused as being ignorant due to the fact I am female. I have followed these cars (3/S's) for a while now, and I know more than Jeff obviously gives me credit for.

Secondly, Jeremy NEVER had any issues with the arc-2 unit or the wiring before it came into your shop, so we know that the original wiring was never the problem. He knows what the wiring looked like under there before you worked on it, and knows it looked nothing like the hack-job mess he found afterwards. You did a half-assed job reconnecting the arc-2 just enough to get the unit working, you said it yourself above (Although, we're not sure why it wouln't have worked anyways, since it worked absolutely fine when it came into your shop).

This is Jeff's Girlfriend posting BTW :)

Never had any issues with the ARC2 or its wiring? You obviously havent been dating him long lol. I guess that also explains when we wasted an entire day trying to get it to fire why it wouldnt even come close right? We had no desire / need / want to even touch that silly ARC let alone have to dig into the wiring but we had no choice because you cant just pull it with larger injectors in the car or it doesnt run. We called Jeremy and let him know the issue and let him know we would do however little we could just to get the unit to work and he could clean up the wiring at a later date. If by that he wanted to wait til now Vs 12 months ago thats 100% up to him.

Since you werent even in the state at the time im sure youd like to debate that conversation as well huh?

Do you really want the person that sent him here in the first place to post about how shitty the car ran and then consequently blew-up before it was towed here? Keep going and keep pretending like you know everything that happend and yet another one of your arguements will get blown to bits.

Its hot as hell right now and Im sick of yard-work so keep it up!