might be time to go shopping

Orion

welp, i do believe ill be in the market for a new set of wheels here in the near future, and i thought id poll the audience to see what they thought of my options. here are the particulars...

the loan can be for no more than 20k, or 25k if you go through a dealer.

no fwd.

daily drivable AND fun.

an interior that doesnt look like it was manufactured by tyco toys. (no mustangs)

have at it.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could probably get a decent LS1 Fbody for less than 20k and then use that leftover money to mod it.

Personally, I'd look for a 350Z/G35 or an RX8. But that's just me. Also, STI or WRX would be a strong choice.

Any older car is pretty much endless with $20,000 to play with.

Find a dealer and use the $25,000 to put a down payment on a newer Supra --- Gods will their price never drop.

Get a VR4 -- and let Jeff have his way with it. Or even cheaper for just fun, everyday driver status, might check into the old Celica GT-4's (aka All-trac) they were supposed to be pretty fun cars.

I think when I go from the Monte Carlo to the Celica, the Celica is much more fun to drive because it feels like a lil go-kart. Which is really all it is in comparrison.

Mazdaspeed6 = teh lose, Legacy GT > Mazdaspeed6

I believe it was R&T that did the test of AWD sport sedans. The response on the Mazdaspeed forums was hilarious when the 6 got scored below perfect. "They didn't put ice on the intercoolers! Subaru sent a factory freak!"

E36 M3 if you can find one in as good condition as my dad's.

I am biased, a Supra is the way to go...

upside:builit proof bottom end...easy to get big hp numbers with...rare...

downside: you need deep pockets for upgrades, when small stuff breaks it cost alot,very hard to find