Need A Bike

OldDog

Looking for someone with motorcycles or one they'd part with, who is also a guitar nut but could never bring themselves to plunk down a couple grand (or more) for an instrument.

Here's your chance to do us both a favor.

Got awesome honest-to-god-handmade (not a statement in a brochure) guitar that looks and sounds fabulous. Professionally maintained by J. Thomas Davis, has bone nut and saddle and is set up to play like butter.

Go here: http://www.morganguitars.com/

Hope we can get together.

Old Dog (aka Joe)

http://www.morganguitars.com/

Joe's my downstairs neighbor. Cool dude. He wants to trade a really freaking cool guitar for a bike. I told him about CR. I think he's looking for more of a cruiser / cafe racer type bike. With the broad range of people on here, he might find someone wanting a damned nice guitar and wanting to get rid a bike.

So guys, what's so hard to understand wanting to trade a nice guitar for a bike?

Hey Ben! Thanks for coming to my defense, had no idea this would be such a challenge for some people.

This aint your kid brothers beater guitar.

If you don't (can't) play you aint gonna get it! But a musician will, and that's what I'm hoping to find out there.

The guitar list for $2,600 new. You might find one for as low as $2,400 and maybe even $2,200 but that's rare indeed. Need proof? Call marty at Wildwood in Coschocton, she carries them.

A really clean used one (like mine), set up by a professional luthier (guy that makes guitars for a living), and looking like new, should bring $1,200 very, very easilly.

Believe it or not, professionals take their instruments to tuners just like you would a great car or bike. Tom Davis, right here in little old Columbus is one of the most respected luthieres in the country. never know who's instruments are in his shop and it's not uncommon for musiciams and groups passing through town to call and have him run through a tune up on all their stuff.

Look at it like this: You can buy a mustang gt off the showroom floor it's pretty hot right? But! It aint balanced and blueprinted. Take that car to a tuner and let him operate on it and though it looks the same as the showroom vehicle, the difference is night and day. Same with guitars.

Buy a fender guitar (cause that's what people say is good) and it's just a good guitar. Take it to a luthier to have it set up (tuned) for your particular style and you have a great instrument that a practiced musician (and even a hack) can appreciate as soon as they grab the neck.

That's what we're talking about.

Sound that resonates yor chest when you play. Sound that's even, and balanced across all 6 strings. Studio ready perfection.

Put yer hat on right! I'm not looking for a new scooter, just a fair trade for a decent 2 wheeled vehicle that's not beat to hell, looks good and is dependable.

Vintage and style? Unimportant.

Cylinder quantity and configuration? Well at least one (I'm a thumper freak) but the more the merrier.

Sorry if I've challenged anyone's little gear box.

OldDog (Downstairs Joe)