Hey Joe (Nitrousbird)

Mensan

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so, uh...

not so much then, huh?

Track was implied as the drag strip. The fact is I have no road course experience. I think it would be a blast, but no road course newb has the right to endanger the saftety of the course/themself/others by taking any vehicle to the limit just to win a race. I'm comfortable with the drag strip, and though I haven't auto-x'd much, I didn't do too bad for when I did do it, especially on the tires I was sporting.

hilarity.

I've got an unfinished car, can I race with it?

On a side note; "I've got multiple projects" is not an excuse because its no one faut or choice but your own.

I wasn't asking for any races either. My number one project is almost done, which is my boat running once again. Should be on the water this week, then some more cleaning/fixing some small stuff, fine tuning, then it should be done. This heavily outweighed getting the car done, as it has sat too long, and I miss taking it out and skiing too much. I'd rather have my boat for the summer than my Formula, so that's what I chose to fix first.

Now the Formula can share time with other projects; it will be done when it's done. I'm not dying to get it running, as there is another fun car at home I have access to from time to time (and it's not the slow Mustang), but it's not mine, so I'm not racing it. When the Formula is ready, I'll let you know.

http://www.senocular.com/pub/images/humor/word.jpg

I've actualy got a boat project going as wel, fabbing upa Jib for a small craft from scratch. On top of that I'm building an "experimental vehicle", and constantly improving my bikes, recently lil Nicks child seat. Add to that work and parenting, I had to outsource the Cougar to get it done. :(

• 2 weeks later...

By the time Joe's car's ready, and he's comfortable enough on a road course, Eli's car will be faster on the strip, too. 3/3 for Eli. :cool:

Beaverun or Gingerman Raceway are prolly the safest two road courses around. About 3-4 hour drive, I believe to Beaverun and about 6 hours to Gingerman. Beaverun, last I knew, required instructer time for safety reasons. They will show you howto drive the course safely, and the fastest way around the track. You must be able to show them you can safely drive solo before they'll sign you off to drive on your own. Check it out, Joe. I'd really like to see this race happen.

And why is this thead in the Kitchen???

i love you miles, but that was fairly naive.

I know why it was posted here, but honestly, I see it as a legitimate challenge. I don't see anything I'd consider flaming going on, either... (yet ;)).

Now the Formula can share time with other projects; it will be done when it's done. I'm not dying to get it running, as there is another fun car at home I have access to from time to time (and it's not the slow Mustang), but it's not mine, so I'm not racing it. When the Formula is ready, I'll let you know.

I love how people I've never met and know nothing about me or my car somehow have any clue on when it will be finished.

http://www.toywebb.net/images/bluesclues.jpg

So when is it going to be done?? Please enlighten me. :)

You are obviously in no hurry. It won't be done anytime soon. I'd say that's "a clue" as to when your car will be done. http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-ms.gif

I never thought I'd have to explain your own posts to you.

You are obviously in no hurry. It won't be done anytime soon. I'd say that's "a clue" as to when your car will be done. http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-ms.gif

I never thought I'd have to explain your own posts to you.

It could be done as soon as next month............

It could be done as soon as next month............

You just let me know when you're ready bro. That's the important part, as far as I'm concerned, and I don't want to beat you until you're at 100% of your game.

• 1 year later...