A new money pit is on the way...

...from my crazy uncle in California.

Within a couple days, there will be a truck transporting a 1959 Chevrolet Apache 3200 to my house.

My uncle, a fucking maniac, decided that he didn't have the time to take care of "his baby" any more so in order to assure it went to the right hands, he gave it to me.

The Good: Its a fucking sweet car. Originial Tartan Turquoise and White two-tone paintjob, original wheels, almost original everything except the engine. The motor is pretty sick. 1968 Chevy Racing 327/.30 over with Power Forge flat-top pistons (10:1 compression), crank kit w/Federal Mogel bearings, reconditioned heads and valve guides (this is quoted from what my uncle sent me...i have no idea what about 1/3 of it means).

His friend/mechanic puts the est. hp at around 350-400, but I'm skeptical.

The Bad: Fucked up front left quarterpanel from a hit and run by some crazy redneck, small dent in the hood, that sweet engine is still hooked up to the original 4-speed manual 235 transmission, meaning it basically drives like a bus. Still, I'm excited to find a new drain on my finances.

It'll be here somewhere in the next week or so, and then you can bet I'll actually be at some of the meets.

Guest Removed
350-400 from a 327? Very posible. They can rev the hell out of those if it was built well.

Looking forward to pics, congrats man.

plus one!

I'd say closer to 300 -350 HP depending on how much headwork is done!(larger valves, porting, etc) and what cam is in it ;)

alex: thanks, man. now i know how all those guys from Overhaulin' feel "I can't believe its mine!!"

lustalbert: oh i know that is possible, it'd probably be good for 450 under the right circumstances, but given what I know about the truck i was saying that my uncle's horsepower estimates were probably high

gearhead: i'm with you, 300-350 sounds reasonable for what's done. i'm not sure about the cam, but for this summer i'm gonna have to stick to low-key mods because i can't afford to have it in the shop and not be driving it.

That is a nice truck. My buddy in Marysville has a 59 fleetside. I cant think which V8 he has in it (327 or 350) but he has a Grand National 200R4 powering the rear wheels and disc brakes on the front. He has been working on it for many years and looks pretty darn good for a 59.