Any ways to keep chrome from rusting?

Mitch

Other than constant polishing, what can be done to keep chrome from rusting?

I am looking at powder coated wheels for my TJ, but they have chrome center caps. I had these on my CJ and they had rusted within two weeks. Chrome polish got it out and then I would wax them. I couldn't keep up with it over winter and when the salt got to them, they were ruined.

I don't suppose chrome can be clear coated, but can it be powdercoated over? Maybe just powdercoat them black. It may not be worth the hassle

The center caps are only $10 a piece maybe I should just buy new ones every spring.

Anyone got any tips on chrome care?

I would try never dull but I don't know how long it will last. Oh I saw your jeep today in the parking lot it looks good just needs a meater tire on it.

Thanks man.

You ain't shittin, those stock 215/70/15s are WEAK. I can stuff 31s in with no lift, just seems a shame to replace tires and wheels that have every bit of 247 miles on them.

I've seen the nev-r-dull stuff, I think its just another chrome polish. This stuff is cheap chrome and it rusts fast.

A good High quality wax does alot to slow things down but they will alawys rust. I use a thing called insulator wax that they sell at andersons and the paint store and it kicks ass

I'll look for it, thanks!