Fire at NTR?

Mike C

Sorry if this is posted somewhere else but I didn't see it.

Was anyone at NTR last night. I heard that there was a fast Suburu there that went up in flames possibly due to a nitrous backfire? Does anyone know who's car it was or what happened?

Sorry if this is posted somewhere else but I didn't see it.

Was anyone at NTR last night. I heard that there was a fast Suburu there that went up in flames possibly due to a nitrous backfire? Does anyone know who's car it was or what happened?

I can't for the life of me remember his real name, but everyone refers to him as 'Shrek'. I talked to a friend of his and they're thinking that the nitrous system didn't shut off when he let off at the end.

Damn shame, as that was a pretty fast ass car.

I hope you are not talking about John Shroek, that car was fast, it actually has Alex's 1st heads that he threw away because quantum thought they were bad. John asked if he could have them since they were in a dumpster, he had them ported and caoted and Alex told me they flowed better that the heads he bought to replace them. John has always said when it's done his car will be faster than alex's....

I hope you are not talking about John Shroek, that car was fast, it actually has Alex's 1st heads that he threw away because quantum thought they were bad. John asked if he could have them since they were in a dumpster, he had them ported and caoted and Alex told me they flowed better that the heads he bought to replace them. John has always said when it's done his car will be faster than alex's....

Yes, it was John Shroek, sadly. And I agree, it was a super badass car. I heard he ran 10.95 that night. It might even have been the fire pass.

john and i were at the track during a rental to make some passes to get both our cars dialed in for next weekends shootout. we had both made a few passes and he had allready made two 11.0 passes at 129.xx and decided to make his first pass on nitrous with the 35 shot jets in. he went 10.95 @ 133.8 and i was waiting for him to come back to our spot and then it hit me that nobody was going down the track and john was'nt back yet. then we seen smoke so we jumped in the car a flew down to the end of the track and got to him about the same time fire safety got there. john was opening his hood so they could put the fire out that was under there. he said that as soon as he went through at the end of the track he seen flames shooting out of the hood scoop and then he seen smoke and he knew it was on fire. he got stopped at the end of the track shut the car off to kill the fuel pumps then popped the trunk and turned the nitrous off as fast as he could and then said he was thinking to him self "where the hell is fire safety at" all he could do was watch it burn and feal helpless because he could'nt do anything about it.

but he's is ok witch is the most important thing of all and it really did'nt do as much damage as we first thought it did for being on fire for 4-5 min witch is a good thing. he has allready started pulling parts off of it and i am going over to his house tomarrow and we are pulling the motor out. we have allready started searching for parts that we know we need so we can get it back together as fast as possible.

Wow, that sucks! Glad he's ok. Anyone have any pics of his car, I'm sure I saw it there last night.

heres a few pics of it......

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c65/1STI2H8/friends%20cars/DSC_3230.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c65/1STI2H8/friends%20cars/DSC_3226.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c65/1STI2H8/friends%20cars/Picture076.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c65/1STI2H8/friends%20cars/DSC_3306.jpg

yea it sucks that happened......the best out look tho is he got out safe! he has his head up high about the situation and is going to get it back together soon, shrek helps ppl out so much and really it sucks this happened to him or anyone for that matter, ill help out as much as i can, as well andy was down today pulling the motor and assessing what they need, and im sure mike phillips will be helping also, just hope we can get it back together soon.......

Guest kissmyaspen
hope that he gets it all back together. was scary seeing the smoke at the top end. he'll get it back together and going just as fast if not faster.