Spyker @ Le Mans

Science Abuse

http://www.racingsportscars.com/photo/2002/Le_Mans-2002-06-16-085.jpg

So whats Fords excuse? This here is a sexy car, but moreover, its a tiny company that sells very few. Yet they have a few cars at Le Mans this year. Where is Ford? This year, for the first time in 3 decades, they have a car capable of competing, yet its not here. Why? This pisses me off, I want to see a Ford GT at Le Mans. I want to see it passing Ferrari's. Get off your fucking asses, Ford, and fuckin do it!

Discuss.

Funny how you mention Spyker. Hardly anyone even knows these car exist. You post this ; I read it, while watching the Pink Panther, and 28 minutes into the movie Steve Martin parks next to one. I would own one of these, givin I had the $.

What do you think the 40 in the name GT40 signifies? Just curious if you know?

It stands for 40 inches, as in the height of the car.

I, too, would really love to see a Ford GT racing. Some would say it's for monetary reasons, but I doubt Spyker has nearly as much money as Ford does, even with Ford falling on hard times. One question: is this Spyker factory backed, or being run by a private team? I know it has a Dutch flag on it and it's in the normal Dutch orange livery, but it could be run by a private Dutch team that bought a couple C8's and transformed them.

The Spyker plant is barely factory backed. :p

Funny you mention Top Gear. Should Clarksons GT be any indication, then they have no buisness in Endurance Racing.

Ilove the Spyker. It didn't suck, it was a great car. Trouble was, it was Dutch, and therefore Clarkson thought it was on drugs.

0-60 in 4.3

top speed 188

in a convertable.

Its just setup too tight for street tires, plus its completely adjustable. It had an identity crisis, the race car does not. ;)

Also keep in mind, it was reviewed in 2004. Its changed since.

Winner, the new car is taller than 40 inches, 44.3. I still cringe when I hear someone call the new car a "GT40".

Top Gear viewers win again ;)

They went into this on the Ford GT episode of Top Gear.

Also, compared to other Le Mans cars, the Ford GT is really slow....

/thread highjack

Where is Mopar?? I want the viper back in Le Mans

/back on subject

I would love to see Ford back in Le Mans, maybe more then Eric would.. I think they are hesitant for the simple fact that Ford has not really done much of anything other then NASCAR for a while. (as far as full factory base goes) (yes I am leaving out their involvement in rally, grand am and champ) I don't think, they think, they can compete yet. I would prolly have to agree. (as much as it pains me to say that)

Now, rally, champ, and Grand Am. I love seeing the 'stang in grand am. It is the defending champ. I think that Grand Am is, and has been a great start for Ford. Lets see how they do this year. If they can be consistent for more then a year or two then yes lets start to move on to bigger and better things. Champ car. They are building engines only. Again, its a great step forward as long as they pool what they have learned in the many years and put it towards the final goal of competing and winning Lemans. Rally.. sorry I don't get to catch much of the rally. I enjoy it when I do, but just don't get to see much of it. The GT is still new car. I don't blame Ford for not entering it into Lemans this year. I don't think Fords engineers are ready for that kind of a test with that car. Now if they don't enter something in the next 3 years I will be severally disappointed. Oh and all Ford seems to care about right now is selling the but ugly Fusion. Just my two cents after knocking back a few beers.

later,

jay

Edit: oh but Eric... thanks for flying the Blue Oval flag and sayin what I was thinking when there were no Fords in the feild. Have faith my brother.

/thread highjack

Where is Mopar?? I want the viper back in Le Mans

/back on subject

I was just about to ask if anyone knew if any Vipers made it into the race. I only watch a few hours of it early Sunday morning and then the last couple hours. I didn't see any then, so I doubt they made it that long if they even any entered.

Wasn't its first year 2005? I may be wrong but some of the LMP cars run 4.0 liter supercharged powerplants dont they?

later,

jay

I don't think there were any supercharged cars this year. The only forced induction vehicles had either twin turbos or a single turbo.

When is the last time there was a supercharged car in Le Mans or any other endurance races; and has there ever been?

Scott

peace

Ummm off the top of my head, probably 1930 or earlier, probably a Bentley. There's got to have been something since then, though.