Diesel FTW

Science Abuse

IIRC, Low sulphur diesel is being mandated by the EPA sometime this year or next. Ford allegedly has a 6 cylinder diesel F150 in the works for when that happens.

True, new diesel standards are being put in place for 2007. I read in Car and Driver that only one manufacturer will make a US bound car that complies with the new standard. But, VW is stockpiling diesel cars to sell into next year.

Anyways, I got to miss the race again this year, but I figured this would be the outcome. I just feel bad for Kristensen not getting to keep his win streak going. I am glad a Corvette got past the Astons to take the win, though.

I was watching some of the racing at about 4 in the morning on Sunday and then I watched the last couples hours Sunday. Those diesel Audis are some silent machines, esp when they would jump from them to the inside of the vette.

The Audi's are sweet. Too bad the #7 car had the run of bad luck that put it down.

We have to ask our automakers more. I'm drooling over the thought of a turbo-diesel-powered Mustang...

edit: BTW, what does TDI stand for? I always say 'Turbo Diesel Inside'. :D

Odd question:

Anyone know where I could find a torrent file of the entire race? I realize it'd be huge, but so worth it to be able to download and watch the entire race, since I missed it. I tried looking last year but had no luck. I imagine people wouldn't put in the time and effort to create such a huge file.