Pics of my finished (for now) project

copperhead

http://www.truckinohio.net/filedump/mike/samurai/zuki1.JPG

http://www.truckinohio.net/filedump/mike/samurai/zuki2.JPG

'88 Suzuki Samurai off road vehicle. I've spent the last few weeks lifting it. Did a spring over that got around 4.5" of lift, then added some 31 x 11.50 Super Swamper TSL's. It sits about 9 inches higher than stock, and has plenty of flex as the pictures show. I got to drive it around a bit, but it needs to be regeared to be able to run on the highway. Can't wait to get that done, already have something in mind.

thats awesome. ever since i went offroading with Adam i've been wanting to get an offroad project. maybe once i get my hands on some spare change i'll get into it.

when we went someone had a sami and it got around better than anything else there.

thats awesome. ever since i went offroading with Adam i've been wanting to get an offroad project. maybe once i get my hands on some spare change i'll get into it.

when we went someone had a sami and it got around better than anything else there.

Well, considering you were with adam in his stock BII and jason in his stock jimmy, I would hope it went better. But yeah, everyone I've talked to that's had one has loved them more than anything else for offroading.

Yeah after building it I kinda want one too. I could probably get used to being able to go everywhere. at the moment the only times I think its gonna have trouble will be in winter or extreme wet conditions trying to power its way up a slimy hill. Thats about the only thing that ever stops the zukis, but you can do alot to them for very little money to fix that problem.

Evan

There is a guy on my street with 2 of them, looks like some mild off-roading stuff done to them.

If you want something super cheap to beat the crap out of off-roading, they are a good choice! I've never ridden in one; I've heard they are terriably underpowered and not overly stable at highway speeds. Are they reliable, especially in an off-road environment?

Yeah there very reliable as that one sits. If it were upgraded to 33" tires or bigger you'd need to swap the axles out for toyota ones because your at the limit of the zuki ones. The engine is under powered, but the t-case can be geared as low as 6 to 1 for cheap and the axles can be geared to 5.12 to 1 even cheaper. On road This one seems to do great. I'm sure you don't wanna take a turn into Wendys to fast or your toast, but they don't have many problems.

Evan

Small 4x4 for the win on the trails.My brother and I went to Southern Ohio a few times and the Suzuki guys had full cages,lockers and went to the toughest trails.They said if they didn't roll one they weren't wheeling.We had a guy bring an H1 and he got to park it at the head of one of the trails cause he couldn't fit,those things are wiiiiiiiiiide.Nice 4x4 .

There is a guy on my street with 2 of them, looks like some mild off-roading stuff done to them.

If you want something super cheap to beat the crap out of off-roading, they are a good choice! I've never ridden in one; I've heard they are terriably underpowered and not overly stable at highway speeds. Are they reliable, especially in an off-road environment?

Definately underpowered, I pulled it up on the highway just long enough to top it out - the speedo read around 55 at the top of fourth, hit fifth and it dropped speed at WOT. Of course the speedo will read slow due to the oversized tires, but it's still pretty sad. From what I've heard, I can swap in the front diff from a geo tracker/suzuki sidekick into the front and rear axles of this thing, which will drop me from a 3.something to the 5.12 gear ratio Evan mentioned. That should help out a lot. Now, if anyone on here is parting out a tracker...

Only if I get to wear one of Anthony's cut off t's and Berto's mullet wig. ;)

-Marc

deal, but you only can do it once

• 2 weeks later...