outlet for things that I make out of wood

Science Abuse

Basicaly, thing$ are tight. I can crank out lil carpentry projects fairly quickly, and with little overhead. Things like kids toys, rocking horses and such, on up to adirondac chairs. I see these things fetching a decent price, anyone know how I can tap into that (apart from ebay)?

for instance, what I'm making for my kids 1st birthday, a rockin'saur. Like a rocking hourse, but, well...

http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/1157/dino5iw.jpg

I've seen much less go for much more. Would you pay $100 for an oak rockin dinosaur? I can build the species of your choice.

looks pretty cool, i would get a few pictures of what you make and maybe some samples and drive around to the antique-ish stores and various mom and pop stores that have this kind of stuff. And see if they'll give you some space or buy a few pieces.

They actually have Craft Shows that have booths and tents to rent and sell things like that.My wife goes to these things and spend all kinds of money.I will let oyu know when and where the big one is this year.Send me a PM to remind me tomorrow.

that looks like a big crooked cock. I probably won't want my child playing with it.

lol

back on topic.

You know, not to be rude, but I thought the same thing before I read what you were doing.

I thought your outlet was making wooden penises.

:p

Ha! forgot about that! My work may be a bit too high-kwalitee for Laurel oaks, I'd want at least $200 for one of these when its done:

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/5416/img1952tf5.jpg

I spoke to a couple of the parents that I work with...

Once you get past the "phallic design"

They noted that they would not buy it, because of the "IMPALE ME TALE" feature.....

it's not a product line, it's just what I made for Nick, and its actualy not dangerous at all...unless you suck at parenting (leaving a toddler alone). He may poke his eye, but a pen is infinately more dangerous. Dinosaurs are pointy, name any animal, I'll make a rocker out of it. How about a nice slug, or a mouse, or a soft cushy vagina? My kid's totaly going to take their kids lunch money. :p

Looks pretty cool. I don't know if they have them in Columbus, but over in Heath, they have a craft store where people rent out spots to put there crafts. They sell it for you. Then at the end of the month they give you a check for the stuff the sell minus there cut (which isn't much). Also might want to try county fairs.