Danika Patrick leaves Team Rahal

04r1

I have not watched much open wheel raceing since the 500 became a Joke and I could not pronouce 90% of the driver's names. But she said she wanted to be more competitive, Does anyone think the the new team will give her anything more that Rahaul did I alway thought Rahaul had good equipment and such. I mean she was doing well concidering she was only in her 2nd year. I think her expireance level is stil the hold back more than the equipment or am I wrong?Also I don't realy like the fact that she jumped ship first chance when Rahaul brought her up to atlantics and then to irl seems a little ungreatfull.

But she is still real hot and I like her cockyness so I will be torn if I support her since I would never want a andretti to do well even if it is as a owner

Maybe she wanted to race for some one who would treat her like a driver and not a model. It's not that rahal cant provide competitive equipment, she just cant be competitive anywhere when 70% of her time is spent "being that hot chick", leaving only 30% to actualy focus on her job. Damn shame, should have never signed with Rahal. She might have done much better in atlantics, and would probably be on her way to CART.

There is nothing wrong with what she has done. She has her best interests in mind and it is a business, this is not a hobby for her. Business is Business. I bet she gets a win next year. If you are not confident in the car when driving it, then you will not win in that car. You will not drive the car to it's full potential with no confidence. Racing is as much mental as golf is mental. She has bitched all year about how bad Rahal’s car has been. Good for her!

ben I understand all of that but I think that she should have been honest about the fact that she is still learning and have gave it anouther year. But Eric I do agree with that even though the biggest reason they picked her up was for that reason knowing that she was a marketing gold mind

She needs to drive nekkkid.

No, because then all the other drivers would whine even more about her weight advantage. I'm with the rest of the gang, though... she hasn't had the car or the pit support that someone like Andretti gets, and yes, I'd also be in line to hit it :cool:

There is nothing wrong with what she has done. She has her best interests in mind and it is a business, this is not a hobby for her. Business is Business.

And buisness has no buisness in the driver seat. Call me a purist, but I strongly dissaprove of the "Entertainment disguised as motorsport" paradigm thats prominent in america today. Champ car fails because its not interesting enough, F1 is "too complicated". People want circles, people want crashes, people want soap operas, the do not want real motorsport. Sickening.

Bill France, Tony George, anf Max mosely can all collectively eat a dick.

And buisness has no buisness in the driver seat. Call me a purist, but I strongly dissaprove of the "Entertainment disguised as motorsport" paradigm thats prominent in america today. Champ car fails because its not interesting enough, F1 is "too complicated". People want circles, people want crashes, people want soap operas, the do not want real motorsport. Sickening.

Bill France, Tony George, anf Max mosely can all collectively eat a dick.

Um huh? The hell business doesn't need to be in the driver seat, if I am putting my life in danger with 20-30 other cars on a track, I am going to get paid as much as possible! I am refering to the more she wins or finishes the more she makes. A better car and team does that. Hell her teammate is dead, that would be enough for me to leave. I know I would rather drive for Ferrari than Minardi as a driver.....

It's no big deal that F1 or other motorsports don't make it big in the States. NASCAR is what people like. I think the arguement is lame, It's like bitching more people watch football then Hockey. Who cares?

Hey, Eric, the Monterey Historics are coming up. Those should at least calm down your hate for modern racing for about a week.

I do hate how commercial racing has become but, unfortunately, if it was taken away or cracked down on, there would be no (big) racing. I've just accepted this fact and try the best to drown out the drama and big, flashy signs. At least there are some smaller series out there that can entertain the purists.

Guest BlackBimmer

I guess she must have slept with someone at the Andretti Green racing team to get her aboard, because we all know she slept with someone at the Rahal team to get her where she is now!

Altough, I'd still hit it...............

I guess she must have slept with someone at the Andretti Green racing team to get her aboard, because we all know she slept with someone at the Rahal team to get her where she is now!

Altough, I'd still hit it...............

ya becouse "we all know" that the fact she can drive and is hot so the media and male fans love her whould never be enough for to have got the ride without sleeping with someone.............whatever man