Never buying TYSON chicken again!

NinjaNick

Sorry Fonz wasn't meant as a personal attack. It's just close to the same type of reasoning and thinking racists do use.

You judged millions on the acts of a few.

That would be like declaring all Catholics child molesters or are accepting of the act. Especially since it was leadership committing these acts and covering them up all the way through the chain. Over 5000+ complaints just in the US and billions in settlements and there are probably many more that never made it to the light of day.

If I was a racist......I would've hated Muslims all my life just because of the color of their skin. That's not the case......I started distrusting them 7 years ago because of the actions of some of their membership. Prior to that....I never gave muslim religion much thought.

I live by a modified "Golden Rule".......I treat others the way they treat me. Unfortunately, I'm not a good enough person thus far to live by the "official" Golden Rule.....Treat others as you want to be treated. I try, but admittedly fall short on that one sometimes

Duane......Your follow up post must've happened while I was typing my last response, so I didn't see it before I put mine up. Appreciate the compliment & clearing up what you wrote

Jeremi......I see that since I mentioned being Catholic, you went right for the molester analogy. Forget the Muslims.....You know how much crap/jokes I've had to put up with the last few years since that news broke out?? You're right....Not all Catholics are that way....but we've ALL had to bear the shame & brunt of public reaction because of the actions of a few, and in essence, pay the penalty. What/Who's that remind you of? Yet nobody feels sorry for the persecution & mockery of us poor Catholics :rolleyes: as a whole, because of what a few of our priests did

Also......I was an altar boy when I was younger, & very proud of it. Steered my son's away from it, but now my daughter has signed up for it. Am I a racist because I am distrustful of all priests now due to the actions of a few.....Even though we've personally had dinner with several & think very highly of them???

And to those who've contacted me thinking I'm vacating the board.....Not the case. I am however done with this thread as I don't think anything else positive will come of it at this point

Hopefully I don't think of something I forgot to add, or find a typo or grammatical error as soon as I hit "Enter"! ;)

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was a racist......I would've hated Muslims all my life just because of the color of their skin. That's not the case......I started distrusting them 7 years ago because of the actions of some of their membership. Prior to that....I never gave muslim religion much thought.

I live by a modified "Golden Rule".......I treat others the way they treat me. Unfortunately, I'm not a good enough person thus far to live by the "official" Golden Rule.....Treat others as you want to be treated. I try, but admittedly fall short on that one sometimes

Duane......Your follow up post must've happened while I was typing my last response, so I didn't see it before I put mine up. Appreciate the compliment & clearing up what you wrote

Jeremi......I see that since I mentioned being Catholic, you went right for the molester analogy. Forget the Muslims.....You know how much crap/jokes I've had to put up with the last few years since that news broke out?? You're right....Not all Catholics are that way....but we've ALL had to bear the shame & brunt of public reaction because of the actions of a few, and in essence, pay the penalty. What/Who's that remind you of? Yet nobody feels sorry for the persecution & mockery of us poor Catholics :rolleyes: as a whole, because of what a few of our priests did

Also......I was an altar boy when I was younger, & very proud of it. Steered my son's away from it, but now my daughter has signed up for it. Am I a racist because I am distrustful of all priests now due to the actions of a few.....Even though we've personally had dinner with several & think very highly of them???

And to those who've contacted me thinking I'm vacating the board.....Not the case. I am however done with this thread as I don't think anything else positive will come of it at this point

Hopefully I don't think of something I forgot to add, or find a typo or grammatical error as soon as I hit "Enter"! ;)

Of course I went for that analogy, it's perfectly sound. You can't bitch about people condemning all Catholics when you do the same to all Muslims with even less justification.

As for being racist, no it isn't text book racism, but it is very close to being the same thing. There are very deep ties between many religions and culture, race and ethnicity. You aren't judging solely by the color of their skin, but by a common belief system that I'm willing to bet you don't know anything about. And no racism doesn't have to be something you've believed all your life.

of the 8 they could have dropped, I think they picked the least "insulting"...honestly

...and who are you to judge which holiday is appropriate to spare? :dunno:;)

Don't ditch one, just add one.

Sounds like lots of people here don't care for the country. I'm amazed because I believe many of you don't care for any of the holidays. What about July 4th? What if they replaced that one? Singling one holiday out that isn't July 4th doesn't make it any better. They shouldv'e just added the new one to their list.

...and who are you to judge which holiday is appropriate to spare? :dunno:;)

Don't ditch one, just add one.

Sounds like lots of people here don't care for the country. I'm amazed because I believe many of you don't care for any of the holidays. What about July 4th? What if they replaced that one? Singling one holiday out that isn't July 4th doesn't make it any better. They shouldv'e just added the new one to their list.

Comparing Labor Day, a day that was started by a union and not unique to our country, to Independence Day (July 4th), a day our country celebrates our deceleration of independence from Great Britain, is almost insulting.

Really then you should be bitching that they only have 8 at Tyson's when there are 10 Federally recognized holidays.

They're not government which is what I'm assuming those are you talking about? Sometimes I wish I worked on base so I got all those "federal" holidays off. If that's the case I don't see how it's relevent here though.

They're not government which is what I'm assuming those are you talking about? Sometimes I wish I worked on base so I got all those "federal" holidays off. If that's the case I don't see how it's relevent here though.

All 10 are considered national holidays just like Labor Day.

....im just tired of pressing fucking #1 for english!!!!! now they put french on the ATM's also now!!!!!! What the fuck country is this anyways? I wouldnt move to france and NOT learn the fucking language!!!!!!!!!! And you know what I doubt if france or mexico is making American holidays a holiday there.

........grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.............

....im just tired of pressing fucking #1 for english!!!!! now they put french on the ATM's also now!!!!!! What the fuck country is this anyways? I wouldnt move to france and NOT learn the fucking language!!!!!!!!!! And you know what I doubt if france or mexico is making American holidays a holiday there.

........grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.............

+1. I doubt that Americans living in Europe are getting Labor Day or July 4th off.

15 pages on a topic that's only half true.:rolleyes:http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/tyson.asp

If you wanna get pissed, get pissed at the union. Myself, I really dont see anthing wrong with having Somolian employees. Adding a holiday is a little different. Having negotiated contracts in the past, I can tell you that I would never negotiate for a paid holiday for any religion.

15 pages on a topic that's only half true.:rolleyes:http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/tyson.asp

If you wanna get pissed, get pissed at the union. Myself, I really dont see anthing wrong with having Somolian employees. Adding a holiday is a little different. Having negotiated contracts in the past, I can tell you that I would never negotiate for a paid holiday for any religion.

Absolutely agree, but I'd even go so far as saying I think Christmas Day should be removed as a federal holiday. They could create a Winter Holiday a few days earlier to coincide with winter solstice if they really wanted instead.