Boys and Girls that didn't go to college...

^ im currently in the air force doing satellite communications and networking which go hand and hand and normally net mid 50's for on the outside or you can hook up with a contracting job which my friend is currently doing in iraq and make 170,000 +/- in one year and first 80,000 is tax free, and im currently working on my associate in telecommunications, so hopefully ill be set.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my situation is a little different than alot of the other ones we have heard. my highschool carreer was pretty much straight a's and i was good at it.........but hated it. I played soccer in high school also and could have had a scholarship pretty easily if i wanted it. My parents own a small buisness that has been in our family for 4 generations (i make the fourth). I knew that if i went to school i would more than likely end up bck in this little town working for my parents, so instead of wasting money and my time i decided to just jump into work with both feet. I now am 23 married and a home owner. I drive a semi from 8 in the morn to 5 in the evening unless there is more work to do, and i love every minute of it. Sometimes i look at my friends that are in school still and see how much fun they have, not waking up till 3 in the afternoon and not have a care in the world. But then i step back and look at my house,my car, my bike, and my beautiful wife and realize i wouldn't have any of it if i went to school.

I am 22, work for cummins. I have a house, 2 cars, and a great GF (why rush? :D). School isn't as bad as some people make it out to be.

off topic, do you drive a cummins powered truck :D?

Three words...waste of money.

Experience > spending $20k+ to learn things you could have learned for free. Or at Columbus State for less than half the price.

I know your pretty much paying for the name, but theres many job oppurtunities out of school from there.

tom...

wha kind of a job do you have right now....

I somehow turned my hobby into my job. started out working on my own cars for fun turned that into a side business at home went to work at firestone for awhile as a mechanic and now I'm in sales at ntb....

I have some college and some ASE certificaions ...

if you need a dergree you can do most of it online from home my fiance is taking courses to get her airframe and power lisence and all of it but the labs are online.

Went to DeVRY U for about 2yrs for Electronics Engineering, got bored with it, quit. Started working at Pizza Hut as a crew member and just worked my way up. I make around 30k now on salary as an AGM, but am about to get my own restaurant which will bump me up to about 40k + bonuses. if i stick with it long enough i could move up to be an Area Coach and make like 70k... a job even now im very capable of doing, if i can manage to behave myself long enough lol. Its not necessarily a job that i love to go to, but i do GET to go to it, and when i go to it, i run the hell out of it. Everyday i see 50 poor bastards that dont even have jobs... college or not, i got into the right business. I have a nice car, live in a nice apt, and have plenty of cash to buy all kinds of shit i dont really need. College just wasnt for me. My little sister is going to OU for 5yrs to be a teacher, and will come put making less than i do now after only 3years and change in the restaurant. Im too into working with my hands and actully labor... only way id go back is to learn welding and fabrication... other than that... its just not my gig.

this is not Dave,

I started as a flight attendant with my company to get my foot in the door. I started out making over $22 an hour. I switched over to aircraft maintenance after I had our son. I currently work with our planning department coordinating all of the over hauls that we do on the aircraft's. I'm continuing most of my education online to get my aircraft power frame degree. I plan on running my company's hanger here in Columbus. BTW money is not the only perk. My fiancé, son and mother along with any one else I would like to take fly for free or nearly free anywhere in the world. On top of discounts on hotels, resorts, rental cars, cruises, ect. Job benefits are very important.

M