Norwalk, it WAS a good track....

Akula

The word from the horses mouth, aka. Bill Bader Sr. is that they plan to announce their plans for the 2007 season this week. No formal intentions have been expressed to either the IHRA or NHRA as of yet. Norwalk would need a slew of improvements before the NHRA could bring a national event to that venue. We'll see how it goes.

Me nate and tinman were at Marion about a month ago, they did absolutely no prep at all

60's were shitty at 2.5

when the sun was up and the track was warm it was biting decently, but as soon as that sun dropped the track cooled down, and in a matter of 15 minutes cars went from decently hooking to uncontrollable spinning

True

W/prep, MCIR bites pretty hard, I got my best 60' (2.09) there in the GTP, but unprepped, it's greasy.

I'd love to see 'em get rid of that left-lane 'rut' too, makes for a fight in a torquey FWD car...

Back on topic, I'm not really 'up to speed' on IHRA vs NHRA, but with what I'm reading here, I don't look forward to the change.

My 2 favorite tracks, Milan & US 131, are both IHRA tracks, and both are clean & smooth. On a typical T&T night, a dozen or more runs can easily be had.

At MCIR, they run Jr Dragsters on Fridays, and it cuts available T&T runs to between 4 & 8 on the average.

They were running those and Bikes that night we went there, i still had 11 passes in and it was 9:45 when i left
Yes, that night must have been better than average, or the car count was low. I've gotten as many as 12, but not too damn often.

They do run the bikes every Friday too, but the Jrs seem to take a lot longer.