whats the farthest you've traveled for a car?

BuckeyeGT

im thinking of taking the greyhound to get my dream car in daytona beach. its a silver 98 trans am w/ bolt ons and black rims. http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=207137780

the cars looks amazing and its a great deal. i still cant tell if im crazy for thinking of traveling all that way for a car or not. whats the farthest you all have traveled for a good car.

im thinking of taking the greyhound to get my dream car in daytona beach. its a silver 98 trans am w/ bolt ons and black rims. http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=207137780

the cars looks amazing and its a great deal. i still cant tell if im crazy for thinking of traveling all that way for a car or not. whats the farthest you all have traveled for a good car.

There once was a kid named John

Who went to california for DSM...............

I picked up my TA from Michigan. It was a 6 hour drive on icey roads in a v6 firebird. I let my wife drive and the second we crossed the Michigan line she lost control of the car and we ended up in a snow drift. Luckily we were fine, and the car didnt have any damage. When we finally got to the dealer ship and I drove the TA it was all worth it!!! I say do it!

If you're not doing a trade you could pay someone to test drive it, do an inspection, and ship it to you.

I picked up my TA from Michigan. It was a 6 hour drive on icey roads in a v6 firebird. I let my wife drive and the second we crossed the Michigan line she lost control of the car and we ended up in a snow drift. Luckily the car didnt have any damage.... When we finally got to the dealer ship and I drove the TA it was all worth it!!! I say do it..... If you're not doing a trade you could pay someone to test drive it, do an inspection, and ship it to you.

i bet you pretty much stole that t/a if you bought it in the dead of winter.

i bet you pretty much stole that t/a if you bought it in the dead of winter.

Sure did. Plus the sales rep told me it was silver and a 6 speed. It was pewter, and an automatic. I got it in 2002 with 7000 miles for $21000. They knocked off $8000 and paid for the tax.

I picked up the SS in North Carolina. My dad and I drove down. I got about 5 hours sleep, left around 7 AM got back around 12 AM. Not to mention it was at a Ferrari/Maserati/Austin Martin/etc. dealer. I missed seeing an Enzo by a day and had a blast looking at cars worth more than my life. BEST DRIVE EVER.

If it's your dream car go get it. It's probably cheaper to take Greyhound, but with a one way flight you could be back in just over a day.

Good Luck

I went to Memphis for my Mustang 10-11 hour drive each way. And the car before that i got in Boston (12 hours e/w). Youll find better deals kinda far away. Just gotta make sure its worth the money you spend getting it plus the price.

Did the trip to Chicago up and back same day last winter to pick up my brother's M3...that made for a long day and it happened to be one of the coldest days of the year.

Got the 996 from a private seller in Seattle WA...but passed on the road trip and had the car shipped.

Drove a car one way to Ft. Lauderdale to deliver it to my wife's mother...it flew back home though.

my theory...if it's the right car...it's a story that you'll never forget. What's life without a little adventure anyhow. Make sure you don't try to drive straight through though as you'll be miserable.

Andy

go on

my girl and i do things "spur of the moment" ALL THE TIME

we picked up an 00 Toyota Avalon for her mom down in Miami by catching a ride with my dad in his big-rig down to ATL and then renting a car 1 way down to Miami

we did this with maybe 10 hours of notice and planning and we slept maybe 3 hours the whole trip down because we were enjoying the "journey" soo much

DO IT!

good times

go on

my girl and i do things "spur of the moment" ALL THE TIME

we picked up an 00 Toyota Avalon for her mom down in Miami by catching a ride with my dad in his big-rig down to ATL and then renting a car 1 way down to Miami

we did this with maybe 10 hours of notice and planning and we slept maybe 3 hours the whole trip down because we were enjoying the "journey" soo much

DO IT!

good times

yep im all about spur of the moment too. my dads definately not about it. i put my cars in his name for cheaper insurance rates so i still have to run it by him. im thinking of all the good argument points ill need to convince him when he begins an hour long rant after i suggest my idea.

Flew from South Texas to LaGaurdia Airport in New York. Had a stopover in Atlanta for about an hour or so. Drove back and stayed in Tennessee for a booty call for the weekend then continued on my way back to Texas. That was for charcoal grey hardtop I have now. Yes, they're sought after, yes it was worth it. Plus, I love me some road trippin. :)

Very clean car and nice choice, btw. If it's what you really want, why would you pass it up? What better way to get to know your new car better than a nice road trip? The only way you'll regret doing it is if there's something wrong with the car and get screwed over. Do yourself a favor and make sure you check the car over well or get someone to do it for you. Don't let your excitement, etc get in the way of a good decision. It's better to buy the plane ticket back than to spend a couple grand stranded halfway back on the way home.