Progress report, more speeding ticket drama

Science Abuse

So, at the arraignment, I plead Not Guilty, andI'm given an option:

"Would you like your court date within the next 30 days, or after the next 30 days?"

I choose "after".

So of course, in the mail yesterday I receive a notice. My trial date is...next wednesday. Unbeleivable, the people trying to prosecute me can't even count.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, all they were doing was asking if you wanted to waive your right to a speedy trial. They won't let you schedule your shit dude. You waived your right to a speedy trial, but they're probably not backed up right now so they got you in soon anyways. Happens all the time.

Have fun, if your officer is not there at the allotted time, demand that the case be heard now and dismissed, we had to fight when My wife and I did this. Our cop did not show. Although the defendants of other cases were not present and they did not wait for them they just issued warrants immediately all the while telling us to just wait a while to see if the cop shows up. I was pissed and argued with the prosecutor and they finally gave in and tried our case and dismissed our case. If I had not argued we would have waited until everyone else was done. Complete bullshit! You can't be late but the cop can and they give the cop every chance to get there but not the accused.......

you won't win on calibration nowadays , There onto that and force a document calibration every shift.

+1 don't go that route.

you aren't going to get out of it by beating the system. the officer and every traffic judge in ohio know that ORC book front and back. you aren't going to teach them something they don't already know. the officer thought you were speeding, and wrote you a ticket. you need proof that you were not breaking the law and you were not going as fast as the officer wrote you for. if you don't have that, good luck.

tom

Do you have any idea how much easier it would be on you to adimt to yourself that you were in the wrong and just go in and ask for lesser charge that's the same fine but no points?

If you murder someone in your house, and your two neghibors are doing the same thing at the same time, and they don't get charged, it's not like you didn't murder someone. They just got lucky or they were better than you at not getting caught.

Do you have any idea how much easier it would be on you to adimt to yourself that you were in the wrong and just go in and ask for lesser charge that's the same fine but no points?

If you murder someone in your house, and your two neghibors are doing the same thing at the same time, and they don't get charged, it's not like you didn't murder someone. They just got lucky or they were better than you at not getting caught.

+1

just ask if it can be dropped to a no points violation and pay your fees and be on your way. More than likely if you try to play laywer with them they won't budge and hit you with teh points ticket fee plus court cost.

A: Yes, easier. No, not better

B: I did try to plea at my arraignment, they didn't bite

C: Fuck no I'm not admitting I'm wrong, because I'm not. The 11 or so other tickets I've had in my life, I earned, and I paid. This one I did not earn.

By the numbers he has on the ticket, no matter what you construe from his shitty writing, I was either doing:

321mph

125mph

or 53mph

Anyone thinking I'm a whiney bitch for what I'm doing now hasn't been paying attention, and is subesequently obligated to suck on my genitles. This isn't my first ticket. This is the first ticket that I do not deserve. Ever been charged with a crime you didn't commit? Fuck the city of Columbus, they're going to have to earn this one.

Have you guys not read the other thread at all?

I'm not sure if the thread started has posted it or not but he feels that he was wrongfully targeted which gives him the right to fight the charges. Why not just lay down and take the charges? because its your right to fight, so why not try? You cannot incur more charges than you went in with so why not?

Have you guys not read the other thread at all?

I'm not sure if the thread started has posted it or not but he feels that he was wrongfully targeted which gives him the right to fight the charges. Why not just lay down and take the charges? because its your right to fight, so why not try? You cannot incur more charges than you went in with so why not?

I agree. If he tried to plead down and they didn't bite then you should keep fighting.

When I got a speeding ticket a year and a half ago everyone kept telling me the same thing, just plead guilty and pay the fine. I got lucky and ultimately the case was dismissed so I say keep going for it bro, not much to lose at this point.

eric you can file a continuance through the mail, don't hold me to it but I think I have called and got one continued before? but I think I am wrong

This isn't Ross county and he isn't the Lumbajack. More than one family owns Franklin county unlike Ross county.Do they even dare to pull you over in chillicothe?

What has always worked for me is to tell them "look my insurance sucks and i cannot take any points or they will jack up my premium. I understand i was in the wrong and i have no problem paying the fine, its just the points im worried about." they will usually reduce the charge, and the fine. i had a charge of 46 in a 35, 0 visibility and snowing (i was passing) it was a $100+ fine 2 points i think, the judge knocked it down to 55 in a 50, $5 fine 0 points. its not "winning" but you have a better chance then just getting out of it.