"Freeway Patrol"

snredrum

Guest 78novaman

Cop cars are slow???? Mkay....

I had a beater '96 ex-sherriff Crown Vic Police Intercepter, 190,000mi, rated "210hp"

Raced a WS6 6speed from 70mph to ~130mph. I pulled away from that Trans AM until I shifted into overdrive around 110, then he creeped by me and we hit the brakes at about 125-130mph with his rear bumper at my front fender.

Yes, they are dogs off the line, upper 15's in the 1/4mi, but they haul ass once up to freeway speeds. You'll have that in a car that wieghts over 4000lb.

Cop vics are speed limited I believe 134mph. I had mine up to 130 on more than one occation ;) The old cop Caprices are basically an Impala SS with a heavier suspention and will go over 140mph, I don't think they are limited.

I really don't reccommend trying to outrun a cop flat out -it's not gunna work.

I had a beater '96 ex-sherriff Crown Vic Police Intercepter, 190,000mi, rated "210hp"

Raced a WS6 6speed from 70mph to ~130mph. I pulled away from that Trans AM until I shifted into overdrive around 110, then he creeped by me and we hit the brakes at about 125-130mph with his rear bumper at my front fender.

Keep telling yourself that. Either the WS6 had some problems, a retard behind the wheel, or wasn't racing.

Your Crown Vic had a SOHC 4.6L, making MAYBE 190RWHP, but probably less than that. That same WS6 should have been making 250RWHP. Now take into account the WS6 was about 1000lbs less, and tell me which car won. BTW, I've been in a Police Interceptor balls out; they aren't all that fast. They handle fairly well for such a monster, though.

That chopper's top speed is probably 180 anyway and thats probably while losing altitude. Cruising speed is probably 80 to 120 not real sure since I don't know the model.

I liked living in the hills. Just take the truck up one of the old oil field roads and wait them out if you have to. I had one yelling alot once when I drove across the big ditches out at split rock, but I guess only Mike would know about split rock.

Evan

Obligatory: It's got a cop motor a four-hundred- and-forty cubic-inch plant. It's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks; it was a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas...

radio waves may be faster than cop cruisers but you can't get caught when you're on a mission from god!

Keep telling yourself that. Either the WS6 had some problems, a retard behind the wheel, or wasn't racing.

Your Crown Vic had a SOHC 4.6L, making MAYBE 190RWHP, but probably less than that. That same WS6 should have been making 250RWHP. Now take into account the WS6 was about 1000lbs less, and tell me which car won. BTW, I've been in a Police Interceptor balls out; they aren't all that fast. They handle fairly well for such a monster, though.

Quoted for thruthful content....

I used to work with a guy who bought an older "retired" cruiser. The engine was badly worn so he had it overbored 350 / 355. He thought he was god, until he saw what he did next to a couple other cars...

Obligatory: It's got a cop motor a four-hundred- and-forty cubic-inch plant. It's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks; it was a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas...

radio waves may be faster than cop cruisers but you can't get caught when you're on a mission from god!

GREAT QUOTE from elwood

since no one individual seems to be able to throw out a correct answer to the question.

the columbus police department sent quite a few caprices to indiana to have the engine transmission and rearends replaced 5 years ago. they were not replaced with stock units. the were replaced with higher hp engines, thougher transmisions and good rearends. now how many mile have been put on them since i couldnt tell you. but the rest is a hard fact.

Guys, listen.

You do not need to outrun the police.

All you have to do is pull up to a warehouse where 150 of your buddies are parked inside. So, once you see the cop clock you call your friends and organize this. Now, head towards said garage. Pull into the garage but don't let the cops in. Now, have someone to give a signal and simultaneously open all of the garage doors, where your 150+ friends (this is a general number) pull out in a choreographed fashion (you may want to practice this multiple times before said incident). The cops will not be able to spot you, and you will get away.

Enjoy!

Is it true we have like 4 red ls1 Camaros that are highway patrol cars? A few years back in a driving course, the instructor was telling us about them. Then this past weekend at the super Chevy show they had a red Camaro race down the strip with a few other confiscated cars they converted.

Guest 1sweet3.4
HEy, all you have to is outrun them for 10 seconds or less. nothing else matters. not the 8 police cars chasing you, the helo above you or the 45 ft lbs of torque that your honda is delivering. for those 10 seconds or less, your free. but afterwards the 4 weeks of jail and the car you no longer have make you realize 2 pts isn't that bad. If they can catch a motorcycle doing 180 I think they can catch me. so I just won't be bad til more points fall off my license.