16 year old dies on r1

John

I was going to rip on the kid and his father for starting out on an R1, but according to his father he'd been experienced and grown up around ATVs, jet skis, and the like - preaching safety (exactly like my upbringing). And my first streetbike was a liter bike - granted a 20yr old, 500lb liter bike barely putting out 100hp, but... I guess this was just a case of goofin' off that got out of hand.

I think it depends on the kids' level of education. I think an 'A'-'B' student makes different life choices than a 'C'-'D' student. Neither of the article said what kind of intellect the kid had, so I can't judge there. It'd be interesting to know if my hypothesis is correct.

And if there is a silver lining - at least he was bright enough to take it OFF the streets.

I have to disagree about the stereotype of what decisions are made. Anyone can make a split second bad decision, in fact we all do. It comes down to who is unlucky enough to get bit.

I wouldn't mind seeing a size restriction on bikes for a year much like the helmet law, at least under a certain age.

Prayers to his family.

I have to disagree about the stereotype of what decisions are made. Anyone can make a split second bad decision, in fact we all do. It comes down to who is unlucky enough to get bit.

I agree.

I suppose I should clarify my stance. Yes, book smarts do NOT equal common sense. But, sometimes you can have both, and/or sometimes you can have neither. They aren't always inversely related. My guess (and that's all it is because I'm not planning on researching it) is that statistically speaking, the students with higher grades would tend to make less reckless decisions for various reasons. I just don't read an article too often saying the valedictorian or kid that had a full ride scholarship to Harvard, was killed doing something of their own accord. I don't know what the myriad of reasons behind this tendency could possibly be, because I'm sure it's individual. I would just be interested to know what kind of grades the kid got to see if there was an validity or correlation to the theory. It would only apply to THIS case, but I'd also like to see statistics across the board (if available).

Or maybe I'm just bitter I still have never had a new bike, let alone at 16?

You people are pathetic. Who are you to judge a father for buying his son who is an accomplished a bike? Everyone makes mistakes and a lot of people go down. Who knows, maybe it was wet, maybe he hit some gravel, we don't know, and we never will because we weren't there. So bashing him and his father on being intellectual or not is pointless.

Just let the Kid RIP...

"Reached Monday by phone, Stephen Allen, 48, of Perris, said: "Was he doing high-speed turns? Yes. Did he pop a wheelie? He might have. Were there single tracks with burnout? No. When I saw the tire marks, I saw no sign of high-speed stunts."

What a tool. A burnout is a decidedly LOW speed stunt. You start the stunt at...NO miles per hour. A wheelie is typically done AT speed. This douchebag lost his son to a stupid decision on both their parts, and he's splitting hairs to save face. Fucking tool.

You people are pathetic. Who are you to judge a father for buying his son who is an accomplished a bike? Everyone makes mistakes and a lot of people go down. Who knows, maybe it was wet, maybe he hit some gravel, we don't know, and we never will because we weren't there. So bashing him and his father on being intellectual or not is pointless.

Just let the Kid RIP...

I agree but, being skilled on jet skis, quads, and dirt bikes does not mean you can control that kind of motorcycle. It sounds like the kid was showing off. When are you at school after 5 o'clock Football, baseball, soccer practice? Sounds like the parents made a bad decision to me. I know skill level is involved but a 600 would have been plenty of power for that kid. RIP

Ok Nick, I've gone 100+mph in a parking lot, are you going to question my intelligence? We both know how that worked out for you on the Assfault Junkies page with HELLARIDER. You're quick to run your cocksucker you can back it up anytime.:supergay:

Man You're right, parking lot riding is hardcore at 100mph. You're mom has to be so proud of you. I know I am.:bow:

Nice 7th post! Aren't you a gem sweetpea. ;)

Oh another asshat junkie punk. You guys are such jokes it makes great entertainment. Big tough R1_MP everybody! You sound tough, boy oh boy, you're just a regular badass.

I bet you're a swell dancer.

image002-1.gif

Goodnight sweetpea. ;)

You_are_awesome.gif

Here's the fucking deal It would'nt matter what he was on whether a 250, 600 which are almost as quick as a 1000 in short distances the kid had an ACCIDENT AN ACCIDENT which cost him his life and a hell of alot of heartache for his family. I grew up in Corona and there was alot of guys riding dirt bikes its just part of the scene since we were too far away from the beach or mountains so nobody is a fucking tool (moron) for buying his son a bike He could have bought him a mercedes and he probably would have ended up the same way. When its time to go its time to go. Very sad to say. IMFO

Here's the fucking deal It would'nt matter what he was on whether a 250, 600 which are almost as quick as a 1000 in short distances the kid had an ACCIDENT AN ACCIDENT which cost him his life and a hell of alot of heartache for his family. I grew up in Corona and there was alot of guys riding dirt bikes its just part of the scene since we were too far away from the beach or mountains so nobody is a fucking tool (moron) for buying his son a bike He could have bought him a mercedes and he probably would have ended up the same way. When its time to go its time to go. Very sad to say. IMFO

I agree. If a kid is gonna screw up on a 1000, he'll screw up on a 250 the same way. Though, a 250 is a little more forgiving.

RIP kid.

I agree. If a kid is gonna screw up on a 1000, he'll screw up on a 250 the same way. Though, a 250 is a little more forgiving.

RIP kid.

Hey bro your right and I'm not the man upstairs but my believe is he could have hit that wall at 20mph and died. You can't just dog someone because someone dies. He could have made it to be 75 years old was his dad a tool for buying him the bike then????????:confused:

Hey bro your right and I'm not the man upstairs but my believe is he could have hit that wall at 20mph and died. You can't just dog someone because someone dies. He could have made it to be 75 years old was his dad a tool for buying him the bike then????????:confused:

Dont get me wrong. I was agreeing with you 100% When your time is up, it's up.

Is the dad a tool for buying him a bike? If so, then I am too. Cuz I'm gonna buy both of my kids bikes when they are old enough.

I agree but, being skilled on jet skis, quads, and dirt bikes does not mean you can control that kind of motorcycle. It sounds like the kid was showing off. When are you at school after 5 o'clock Football, baseball, soccer practice? Sounds like the parents made a bad decision to me. I know skill level is involved but a 600 would have been plenty of power for that kid. RIP

I agree with you as well to an extent, but whether it was a school or not if it's a parking lot that is empty and is big it's going to attract stunters... I have had a 600, 750, and now I'm on a 1000. I really don't think it's the bike. It will only go as fast has the rider turns the wrist and releases the clutch. I dumped my 600 before, does that make me a bad rider? I don't think so... there are two types of riders; ones who have been down, and ones who are going down. Unfortunately for this kid he went down a little too hard... So again, RIP

even if you spent your youth on go-carts, DOESN'T mean you should have a corvette as your first car.

just because you spend your youth on dirt bikes DOESN'T mean your first street bike should be a literbike.

regardless of the consequences, it was a bad call.

It's unfortunate for his family, and I'm sure his father is kicking himself harder than anyone right now.

he rode an FZ6 for a bit according to the article... but that is still a hell of a jump IMO.

the kid may have been experienced but 16 is 16. you dont have the same decision making skills as an adult does when you are 16. your mind is ruled by hormones. there is a reason we dont let 16 year olds vote, buy alcohol, enter into legal contracts etc.