350$ seatbelt ticket!?

evan9381

a coworker just got in, said she got pulled over in whitehall for no seatbelt. wasn't ticketed or cited for anything else, but got a ticket for 350$. is this possible? is it part of the 'click it or ticket' campaign? i can understand a ticket for maybe 50-100$ MAX because its been so advertised, but 350$?

MM are punishable up to $150 fine.

$350 doesnt seem rite to me. My guess is: Either she is exaggerating a little bit, had something else along with that seatbelt ticket, or had something of a bigger degree plead down to a MM seatbelt violation with a big fine.

MM are punishable up to $150 fine.

$350 doesnt seem rite to me. My guess is: Either she is exaggerating a little bit, had something else along with that seatbelt ticket, or had something of a bigger degree plead down to a MM seatbelt violation with a big fine.

I thought if thre was more than one offense you had to call the court house to get the price?

I had too when I got hit for a speed and a tinted lisence plate cover.

The whole seatbelt thing bugs me. Yeah, it's the law so I do it. But seriously, why do I have to? Follow the money right? States/Cities make money issuing citations (State sponsored robbery) and insurance companies may save a few bucks on injury claims.

However, wearing a helmet on a motorcycle is not law? Maybe the motorcycle lobbyists are better organized and more influential?

Sorry bout the rant.

However, wearing a helmet on a motorcycle is not law? Maybe the motorcycle lobbyists are better organized and more influential?

Some cyclists are required by law to wear helmets, those under 18 years old, those with "novice" tags (folks who just got their bikes within the past year), and passengers of those required to wear helmets.

My brother worked at and insurance company as an intern. The reason for the seatbelt it because it saves the insurance company from paying more if the person were to go through the windshield and cut up their face ect. As for the no helmet, an insurance company would rather someone lay down their bike and die than have to pay their bills. Plus IMO a helmet wont do shit if you go down at 45MPH.

But as for the ticket, that is :bs:

My brother worked at and insurance company as an intern. The reason for the seatbelt it because it saves the insurance company from paying more if the person were to go through the windshield and cut up their face ect. As for the no helmet, an insurance company would rather someone lay down their bike and die than have to pay their bills. Plus IMO a helmet wont do shit if you go down at 45MPH.

But as for the ticket, that is :bs:

More proof that it's really not about saving lives...its all about the bottom line. On one hand it keeps my rates down, on the other its just one more thing that I'm forced to do.

Ah well.

or maybe it was like every other traffic violation ticket i've ever seen, and the officer's handwriting looked like that of a chemical test chimpanzee having an epileptic seizure

thats fucking funny

it probably costs me around 400 a year to not wear my seatbelt, but it should be a personal choice not an insurance mandated state enforced law. if your in a wreck driving the way most of the people on here do with a standard lap/shoulder combo your fucked anyway