Cheapest place to replace a tire on the bike

wheezy

Need a new rear tire and got ripped off at a dealer when I got a new front so Im getting a new rear online. Where can I get it mounted on the bike(I dont have a stand or air compressor to take the rim off my bike)? I know Hinds does it for $60, is there any place cheaper and closer to cbus?

You don't need an aircompressor to get it off, and if you plan on riding for a while I'd buy a stand.. you could try to find one used maybe. It'll save you a lot of hassle and cost in the long run, being able to take the rim off yourself saves a bunch of money and a lot more places will change it that way.

Throw it the rim in the trunk and drive it up to xzy. Insurance prevents people like Iron Pony from doing a tire change on-bike, this is the case with multiple locations.. just my $0.02, rear bike tires don't last that long :p

• 3 weeks later...
Honestly, I like Iron Pony. I've had tires replaced there a couple of times and gotten a good deal each time. I usually pay a few bucks more (maybe $5 - $10) over getting the tire online, but I don't have to deal with waiting for the tire. I just take the wheel up there, shop around for a few, then leave with my wheel and new tire. That easy.

• 2 weeks later...

Classic Cycles did mine and one of those little rubber weights that are in the wheel fell out, and they lost it. Kinda sucks I put the wheel on anyway because I was trying to make it to the dyno on time, but it took me a while to get another one.

I'm just High and talking...

• 2 weeks later...
M.P.S in Goveport does good work pretty cheap, I can't remember what I paid but it wasn't that much , I wouldn't trust Iron Pony to put on a tire after they put my friends tire on backwards rotation, then changed it back around and didn't re balance it . So if you go that route check tire direction. Just alittle advise. Now I change my own tires. $5 .to get it balanced = saving a lot of money,after the initial buying of stands and tireirons and rim protactors

• 4 weeks later...
most shop will not install tires unless tires are bought thru them. we did not do that when i ran the service dept at classic cycles. MPS, Hinds or Bikes to NV are places to go that i remember that will install tires not bought from them. i do not know if motorsports is the same way classic used to be.

This thread delivers, good info, I have to change both sprokets and chain (I already have the parts) this winter, and my clutch, and I might as well get a new tire while the back is off I guess.

Now instead of searching I guess I will ask this Question, what would be a good tire to purchase for an 87 FZR 1000, I just ride around sometimes and ride to and from work, I don't really race or stunt at all. I guess a good tire in the wet would be good for me too because I get caught in the rain in the summer comming home from work.

• 3 weeks later...
most shop will not install tires unless tires are bought thru them. we did not do that when i ran the service dept at classic cycles. MPS, Hinds or Bikes to NV are places to go that i remember that will install tires not bought from them. i do not know if motorsports is the same way classic used to be.

bump up an old ass thread. Motorsports of Columbus should do a tire that you did not buy there. It's 1 hour of labor if it's on the bike for a sport bike, and 1/2 hr if you take the wheel off and take it in.

just wish it was still Classic sometimes you know kyle...

• 2 weeks later...