Tint - Recommended Shops?

Dr. Pomade

Quality Window Tint in Westerville.

They did my 325ci, M3 and A4.

All top notch work and they offer a lifetime warranty on the work that I've never had to use. Even tackled the dot matrix stuff on the M3 that's nearly impossible to get tint to stick to.

*edit* I did have one complaint in that they dripped some solution on my interior pannels so I had to wipe them down afterwords...but I don't think that this is avoidable knowing what it takes to properly do the tint work...oh...and I'm rather particular about things being clean so my perspective may be skewed.

Andy

Andy, awesome. Thanks. What percent is the tint on the M3?

It's funny you posted; Jessica asked specifically about your M3 when we were discussing tint for the Benz, which is a pearl white color.

This thread could be over in four posts. :)

I've heard nothing but good things about Quality window tint with there quality of work. Only bad thing I have heard it usually takes a while to get in there they are always backed up in the spring and summer (if thats a bad thing really). When I get off my ass and get my car done I will be going there.

Interior color is going to make a difference. The A4 always looks darker than it really is. M3 sometimes looks like it's barely tinted...other times it's obvious.

If these pictures don't help...you know where I live...you could stop by and look at them side by side if you want. I've been on a damn Outage call for work for the past 3 hours and don't see myself going anywhere soon.

In the previous post I said westerville but it's on Morse Rd.

Andy

http://www.m3forum.net/gallery/data/522/33049IMG_1347.jpg

http://www.m3forum.net/gallery/data/522/33049done1.jpg

I always use Mr. Tint.

They use the best film available, llumastar. It is a bit more expensive (maybe $30-40) but completely worth it. (make sure you ask for the upgrade from the standard stuff) The optics are near perfect, and it doesnt fade. The owner cares about his work, he will pull film and re-tint until it looks right, most shops wont do that.

They also warranty their work against peeling, but I dont remember for how long, since I have never needed it.

I dont know the specifics about quality tint, but I have never heard bad things. Although they do home tinting too... hope they arent using that film on the cars!

http://www.columbusracing.com/showthread.php?t=22112

http://www.columbusracing.com/showthread.php?t=18208

Guest powers
Quality Window Tint in Westerville.

They did my 325ci, M3 and A4.

All top notch work and they offer a lifetime warranty on the work that I've never had to use. Even tackled the dot matrix stuff on the M3 that's nearly impossible to get tint to stick to.

*edit* I did have one complaint in that they dripped some solution on my interior pannels so I had to wipe them down afterwords...but I don't think that this is avoidable knowing what it takes to properly do the tint work...oh...and I'm rather particular about things being clean so my perspective may be skewed.

Andy

another vote for quality.

+1 for Quality Window tint.

I had both of my maximas done there.

My tint is like 5 years old now. I got the Llumar Platinum plus. I forget the exact percentages, but the rear doors and back is 20% and front doors are 35%.

The platinum looks like mirror, but for some reason I do not get pulled over for it.....

Once in Cleveland and they let me go.

ive heard good about quality but went to a shop down at hamilton/groves road a few people reccomended on here...i think its called a2z window tinting...guys name is yousef 614.374.1065. 150$ for 23% all around, lifetime warranty, did a good job, and it took him about 2 hours.

If you are getting window tint darker than the legal limit you should go to an eye doctor and tell him the sun bothers you when you drive and he will give you a perscription, so you can get as dark of tint as you want. That way if you get pulled over you just show the cop your perscription and they wont give you a ticket

ive heard good about quality but went to a shop down at hamilton/groves road a few people reccomended on here...i think its called a2z window tinting...guys name is yousef 614.374.1065. 150$ for 23% all around, lifetime warranty, did a good job, and it took him about 2 hours.

This is the guy DJ and I have both used.

Sorry i didn't get back to you in a timely manner John. :(

Quality tint on morse rd.. my only thing is when my driver side window peeled, they assume it was from me rolling down the window too soon and charged my 30 bucks to redo it.. but other than that they did a awesome job!

I've had three cars done by a guy who is on State route 310 just south of 70 in Pataskala. He's great and very well priced. He does it there only a couple of days a week because he works for several other shops. I would have him do it. 614/739-0204 is his number.

I have used Mr. Tint for my car, truck and have sent 4 of my friends down there and the have the best tint / warranty / service - top quality and the tint is cut really close and I even scratched my window on accident and they replaced it for free - they have a lifetime warrantie on there tint

Lavon

Quality window tint, the guy there is an artist. If you have a big window you will have a seam and QWT does their seams nearly invisible. I had 50% on my windshield of my 88 Fiero GT along with 20% on the other 3 windows. I had no problem seeing out the front and there had to be a seam because of how big the window was, and the optics were fine. However Westerville cops had a hard time seeing in and well 3 tickets later and a court appearence and a bailiff walking out to my car to make sure the tint was removed was the end of that. However all I removed was the 20% and left the windshield alone, the bailiff never noticed. :)

QWT has a lifetime waranty on bubbling and peeling. I would never go anywhere else for tint. Their product it top shelf IMO and their service is priceless. I had a friend get his car tinted there like 7 years ago, he has had the tint on the car to this very day and never once has it bubbled or peeled. :thumbup:

I have had 3 cars tinted there and I am about to do 2 more once I get my OK and paperwork from my doctor!

Guest [ i v i ]

Another vote fore Quality Window Tint here. I had my GMC Sierra done there a few months ago. Make a reservation, don't just drop in.

Another note. I had my wife's Mazda3 done at Accurate Tint in Pickerington. I dropped the car off in the morning and when i went to pick it up, the seats were leaned back, radio on rap music, 17 miles more on it than when I took it in. Owner wasn't there when I picked it up, so I called him and told him how upset I was with his staff joy riding in my wife's new car. He basically told me that I was lying and he wasn't going to do anything about it. Never again will I take a car there.