Hail roll call

snredrum

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Golfball+ size in Grandview.

Trailblazer was out in it. I gave it a quick look and I didn't see anything. I'll look at it in the sun tomorrow. :eek:

I live in Grandview as well and was JUST heading down the street to my brothers birthday party when it started. At first I thought it was tree branches falling. But then it just kept hitting I couldn't see a thing so I pulled under the first tree I could see, it may have been a dumb move but it seemed to be alright. I was afriad the front end of the SVT was going to be ripped off because I hit a huge pool of water a little to fast.

Lucky for me I didn't get much damage on any of the cars. A few dents in the SVT hood but other than that I'm good to go.

What time were you guys getting hit? I left work (near Kinnear and Northstar) around 4:45 and got caught in a serious storm on 315 around Lane Ave. It sucked because I was in the Cobra. I thought the rain was coming later, so I drove that to work today. I thought I heard hail hitting my car, but when I looked out the window and on the highway (I was going about 10 MPH, so I could look), I didn't see anything. I'll have to go home tonight and see if my car is damaged, but I don't think it is. I would have seen the hail had it been big enough to damage. :(

Oh, and no hail in Powell. Just some hard storms and rain.

i got caught in a major f'in storm when i got off work at 5...i had the closest parking spot possible (next to handicapped spots) and i was soaked from running at sprinting speed to my car. rain was done coming down so hard at about 5:10, and the new rain started about 7 and hail shortly after

What time were you guys getting hit? I left work (near Kinnear and Northstar) around 4:45 and got caught in a serious storm on 315 around Lane Ave. It sucked because I was in the Cobra. I thought the rain was coming later, so I drove that to work today. I thought I heard hail hitting my car, but when I looked out the window and on the highway (I was going about 10 MPH, so I could look), I didn't see anything. I'll have to go home tonight and see if my car is damaged, but I don't think it is. I would have seen the hail had it been big enough to damage. :(

Oh, and no hail in Powell. Just some hard storms and rain.

The hail rolled in about 5:45ish. Be glad you left - the Cobra would have been smoked.

Sorry to hear about all your loses. We didn't get any hail where I live, off 23, north of 270. But we got a lot of heavy rain and winds. The thing I worry about is my Stratus is in the Dennis Auto body shop on Morris right now getting my drivers side door repaired. I haven't heard from them, so I hope that the car was inside last night.

Got lucky here in Delaware. I have my car in the garage, but drove the gf's Cougar to the carwash w/a magazine. Couple carwashes within a couple blocks of here. Always great places to wait it out. I definitely feel for the rest of you. I only had minimal ins coverage on my car during a hailstorm in Texas and I actually ran out into it with two huge quilts, threw them over the car and proceeded to lay across them to protect it. :nod: It's all about dedication.

GTP got nailed, but I think I might just cash out on it.

The Malibu was hit too, but not as hard and it might be just enough to total it out. Total out = no car payment + no insurance payment - truck would be DD again! What to do?! We could then pay the wedding off sooner and start saving for a new truck/DD.

over at Hamilton and morse wanst really bad just small small hail, but if you guys need dents taken out, i know a guy. his company is Jim's Paintless Dent Repair, better than anyother dent removal company out there (And ive seen them all, dent magic, dent solutions, dent wizard, etc, etc.) his phone number is 614-679-2164.

I know if you got DSM parts he might work out a trade. But Give him a call he can fix shit, that some people might have bodyshops do.

with that many dents on the buick. Think they'll total it out? it's worth only 2k KBB. 186k miles. I was hoping to cash in, keep it and drive it as a beater. We'll see.

I'm taking it to Rife's Autobody in Westerville. Anyone have experience with them?

with that many dents on the buick. Think they'll total it out? it's worth only 2k KBB. 186k miles. I was hoping to cash in, keep it and drive it as a beater. We'll see.

I'm taking it to Rife's Autobody in Westerville. Anyone have experience with them?

They do good work ( a little overpriced though ) ... Very picky when it comes to parts , always seen good work from there and their Grandview store... When you go up there ask for Gina or Paul...