CPD's New freeway patrol cars!

QUIKSVT

Guest Mushijobah
Yea because they already own them, durr. Every police road test proved the challenger is superior. Even the hot chick test. You (actually, other guys) have a 8/10 chance of getting head in a carger with hemi option. The grandma car shows only a 1/10 chance, and only by highschool girls (proven by buckeyeGT :jerkit:.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 78novaman

I welcome the Chargers too(although I think they are ugly)-Competition is good. GM would have all the fleet sales had they not dumped the Caprice. The Ford's are not the fastest, but they are cheaper to maintain than the new dodges. 18" v-rated (or is it z-rated for 150mph?) tires are going to cost a small fortune to replace.

Ford has some engine testing going on right now with a crown vic, it was spotted at the Ford proving grounds with a big ugly hood scoop tacked on. We could have the 3v 5.4L (330-350hp) going into the vic for competition by 2009.

Yea because they already own them, durr. Every police road test proved the challenger is superior. Even the hot chick test. You (actually, other guys) have a 8/10 chance of getting head in a carger with hemi option. The grandma car shows only a 1/10 chance, and only by highschool girls (proven by buckeyeGT :jerkit:.

how old are you again? Think in ways of budget, say a township or city counsel has the option to purchase two 25k$ charger's or 2 22k$ crown vics for their officer's. One of which is a new product and has yet to be proven in the line of duty the other has been used for years, proven, reliable and cheap to repair/rebuild/replace. Not only that but with the money 6k they save on NOT purchasing the "cool" new charger they could then invest it into safety equipment for their officers, OverTime pay, possibly start another salary for a PT officer or invest it into other areas that are equally important to the maintenance of a small township/city.

And should the rumor prove to be true that Ford is actually trying to put the 3v into newer Crown Vic's, even if their HP number's are lower they will still have a superior product.

NOTE: These monetary figures are strictly for example purpose's and are not exact figures as far as i know.

Guest Mushijobah
19 years old, you? 24? You must be extremely logical and intelligent, especially compared to a 19 year old! There was an article out that actually said the Michigan State Police (who are the ones testing cop cars for the rest of the country, and are nationally credited) put the Charger and CVPI up to equal tests on reliablility, handling, and other factors actual police look at (not you, as you probably work on VW rabbits for a living). The charger surpassed the CVPI sadly in every field BUT 2. I forget if I read this in a magazine or online. I will look for it and show you. Now you tell me, how were cvpi's originally put into service? The same way dumbfuck. It is retarded to say the Charger cannot go through the same process the CVPI went through to gain it's reputation. With new cars now heading toward larger wheels (even the Crown Victoria), replacing large tires will not be a problem seeing they are more common and tire shops will carry them bulk. As far as my comment to BuckeyeGT, suck my balls. He is my friend and it is a fact that he got highschool chicks in his old CVPI, I was there, and I did laugh a lot. PS Contours are BADASS. You race a lot?

Guest drumer919

^ I agree with almost everything you said, but the CVPI took off so fast because there are no competors, the Caprice was no longer being sold and Dodge didnt have a compariable, well suited car to be a competetor so Ford was really the only logical choice.

I'm to sick for spell check, sorry.

19 years old, you? 24? You must be extremely logical and intelligent, especially compared to a 19 year old! There was an article out that actually said the Michigan State Police (who are the ones testing cop cars for the rest of the country, and are nationally credited) put the Charger and CVPI up to equal tests on reliablility, handling, and other factors actual police look at (not you, as you probably work on VW rabbits for a living). The charger surpassed the CVPI sadly in every field. I forget if I read this in a magazine or online. I will look for it and show you. Now you tell me, how were cvpi's originally put into service? The same way dumbfuck. It is retarded to say the Charger cannot go through the same process the CVPI went through to gain it's reputation. With new cars now heading toward larger wheels (even the Crown Victoria), replacing large tires will not be a problem seeing they are more common and tire shops will carry them bulk. As far as my comment to BuckeyeGT, suck my balls. He is my friend and it is a fact that he got highschool chicks in his old CVPI, I was there, and I did laugh a lot. PS Contours are BADASS. You race a lot?

Your simple comment on the likelyhood of one receiving oral sex in the backseat of a Crown Vic or the back seat of a Charger came off as juvenile and immature to say the least. If you'd like people to accept you as something different, then act accordingly. If you want someone to take you seriously on this particular subject then quote reference's, state facts, become a contributing member. It's ok to make jokes with friends and whatnot just try to use a little tact in your approach next time. I'm not going to justify my means of transportation to you, there's no need. This forum is for general automotive enthusiasts. Now if we're done with this little sidebar i'd like to return to the topic at hand.

I'm not saying the Charger CAN'T become the next CV or doesn't have the potential to get the same status. Im just saying it will take alot of convincing for those who write the checks to make the decision towards the charger. And it will take time for Chrysler to start manufactering the Charger in mass number's and in turn bring the cost of the vehicle down. Make sence?

uh... i got a pretty good amount of head in my interceptor. obviously there gonna be highschool girls.. i was in highschool.

i would doubt the 3.5s have comparable torque to the vics. vics will stay the choice of law enforcement for years to come.

the Vic has to date gone out or production hint our conversation of the New highway cruisers. the 3.5 is very comparable to the vics V8 i dont have the exact numbers in front of me but the Vic's engine is qutie the same as the 3.5... also vic seem to have a problem with catching on fire when hit from the rear which ford has yet to fix..

also to note when the 300C came out there was a test groupd that really loved the car and the power with about the same price tag a Charger Police edition.. but Chrylser wants to make the 300C a luxury car and since had to make police wait untill the Charger came out to really get a full nation-wide test of a new police car.

Thank god those slow ass vic's are gone! I bet the 3.5 could even take vic. It has more power, that is for sure.

Have you ever driven a PI CV before? I doubt it........For the size of car they are they are pretty damn quick. I've driven quite a few of them.

also to note when the 300C came out there was a test groupd that really loved the car and the power with about the same price tag a Charger Police edition.. but Chrylser wants to make the 300C a luxury car and since had to make police wait untill the Charger came out to really get a full nation-wide test of a new police car.

The Chargers have been out for quite some time. The Auburn Hills, MI police have been using Magnums and Chargers for over a year. IMO, they're better then the Crown Vic in every way, and that lines up with the feedback I've heard from the police.

Guest Mushijobah
Yea I have driven one cocksucker. My friend as I mentioned had one for 3 years (correct me if I am wrong, Brill) Do 16 something in the 1/4 mile. 8.5 0-60. That is quick I guess...But the 300C which is comparably heavy goes much quicker. I like them for their appearance much more than for their performance.

I've seen a bunch of Charger patrol cars up here. Most are 3.5L I think.

That's also because you (and I for that matter) are only a few miles from Chrysler Headquarters. They gave the Auburn Hills PD a shit load of cars last year. ;)

All the automakers do that to their local PD. In Dearborn you will see all Fords, around Milford you'll see mostly GM patrol cars.

• 1 month later...

I've seen them too, though the ones I've seen were just being used by detectives or something and definitely not setup for patrol.

Around here their still in the test phase, the state isn't going to just drop everything and switch to these new cars. They have to use up all the light bars and parts they already have in stock for the Crown vic and consider the costs of essentially "retooling" for the Charger's. Plus consider reliabilty, fuel, and a few other factors.

I like the charger over the crown vic but that's just my opinion and I really don't care what car they choose as long as they don't waste our tax dollars taking one over the other.