INTENSE Drag Day VIII @ Norwalk

RazorX

It looks like Intense Racing is putting on a track rental at Norwalk. It will take place on Friday, November 3.

Here's the information quoted from the original post on 3800Pro:

Due to popular demand, we have worked out a race date with Norwalk Raceway Park on Friday, November 3, 2006. No weekend dates are left until 2007, and this is the last remaining Friday.

This will be a no frills private track rental, with the traction you've come to expect at IDD events. There will be no race classes, no bracket race, no awards and no rain date - just a test and tune session with killer traction.

Our cost is ~ $4,000 to do this right. By doing it right we're talking about Norwalk's famous 660' wall to wall VHT and dance floor rosin mixture - which will be repeated every two hours.

We are charging $50 per vehicle, nothing for spectators, and no refunds will be given (except in the case of a cancellation due to weather). Everyone is welcome, so please spread the word and feel free to invite anyone else you would like.

Registration is now open: You MUST signup before October 26th, 2006.

This is the sign-up form at Intense Racing's site.

There are two posts on 3800Pro about this tack rental. Here are the links for both:

IDD VIII - maximum traction, no frills

INTENSE Drag Day VIII - It's a GO!

Dealine is: "October 26th, 2006."

Today is: October 24th.

Great Heads Up!

Yeah, I know it wasn't much notice but I posted it within minutes of hearing about it myself.

Perfect time to take the GTP.. but its in the shop.. trying to find out why it won't run.
Take your Mustang. I'm taking mine.

They are still short of hitting their minimum number of cars to make this happen. The deadline is only 1.5 hours away so you need to get off the fence if you are on it.

They are still short of hitting their minimum number of cars to make this happen. The deadline is only 1.5 hours away so you need to get off the fence if you are on it.

According to 3800pro they made the minimum, and then some, last night. It's a go for sure now. :) I recruited 4 people myself.

Also, registration will now be open until 10/31/2006 for any one that's still on the fence about going.

Cool, we'll have to get a run in. Our mods are pretty much the same so it should be a good run motor for motor.

I'll have to take my front seat out to try to get my weight down to yours though....maybe the backs too....lol

I'll have to take my front seat out to try to get my weight down to yours though....maybe the backs too....lol

lol!!! I see you got a 3200 stall. Are you planning on going forced induction later on? Thats why I went 3200 and now that I'm using nitrous I wish I would have gone bigger.

I got a new personal best yesterday. 11.983 @ 114.49 with a 1.733 60 on my final run. The only run I was able to get in the right lane.

I didn't like the format at all. Didn't let anyone really race. The left lane was like launching from a cow pasture. I had 2.2 60s and ran 12.8s on that side. The bottom end was like driving on ice too. Slipping and sliding at both ends of the track was worthless.

The answer to the other question. No FI for me I have way to high compression for that. PI will take back the converter and change the stall once for free so I just wanted to be a little conservative as I use the car as a daily driver during the summer right now. If I got one to match my curve it would be around a 4400.

I got a new personal best yesterday. 11.983 @ 114.49 with a 1.733 60 on my final run. The only run I was able to get in the right lane.

I didn't like the format at all. Didn't let anyone really race. The left lane was like launching from a cow pasture. I had 2.2 60s and ran 12.8s on that side. The bottom end was like driving on ice too. Slipping and sliding at both ends of the track was worthless.

It was absolutely terrible, to say the least. I ran in the slick lane twice and it was just as bad over there. That damn guy with the mop. :mad:

I did manage a 10.92 @ 138 on only 23 psi though, and 140.87 trap, AND laid the smack down on a modded Ford GT. :cool: GT made that one pass, got whooped, and left the track, hahaha.