Vids of IPS Stealth at the track

Turbotrio

11.8 @ 135??

LOL -- did you watch the vid?

Second pass on a dead clutch netted 11.4 @ 114. Im no drag-racing expert but had it not failed I think it would have trapped just a wee bit higher than the previous pass that was almost 2 seconds slower in terms of ET :)

Oh, and had it not coasted thru the traps that 11.4 would have been just a tiny bit quicker as well. Mabye. Just a hair faster. Tenth or two...

Jeff

Sometimes a $2000 clutch isn't enough.

I can imagine that those passes were hell on a clutch. You've got:

-A car that heavier then most.

-With fuck'tons more power then most.

-Sending it to all 4 wheels.

I've never seen AWD "shit'n'git" like that. You're going to have to mash up Jesus and make a clutch out of him if you ever expect to go as fast as you can.

I was thinking about a roll race ;) A Z06 is no sloutch on the top end...

A roll race would be worse. Lets think about it for a second.

Sams best trap was in the 135 range on a pretty good pass. This car on a 13.3 pass was trapping 133. This tells you how hard the car pulls on the big end. The car does not build full boost in 1st gear, 2nd is uber short and 3rd is rediculous.

It is a large single turbo with AWD. From a roll a vette is getting butt hurt very hard.

A roll race would be worse. Lets think about it for a second.

Sams best trap was in the 135 range on a pretty good pass. This car on a 13.3 pass was trapping 133. This tells you how hard the car pulls on the big end. The car does not build full boost in 1st gear, 2nd is uber short and 3rd is rediculous.

It is a large single turbo with AWD. From a roll a vette is getting butt hurt very hard.

http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/sadwavey.gif

How much does the car weigh with driver? 3800-4000lbs?

Did you put an RPS Twin Carbon in the car? I'm just curious whether they truely think that thing will cut it with a car that heavy making the power that it does?

Custom Tilton? :)

Not sure how much it weighs yet, it's alot. 3800 with driver is probably a decent guess, maybe a little bit less.

The clutch we toasted was the RPS twin disk carbon. RPS rebuilt it for free since the pressure plate clamping force was way below spec when they checked it out. We will see if it holds better this time, so far so good on the street at least. The only 3/S to dyno higher then this car (by 17 hp) is also running the RPS carbon, and it has held for him.

The only 3/S to dyno higher then this car (by 17 hp) is also running the RPS carbon, and it has held for him.

Is that the one that ran the 9s? If so, the little footage of it I saw it looked to be completely gutted out. It just doesn't seem to me that he clutch should hold if the car is indeed that crazy heavy. Hopefully it works as I assume there are little options for that particular application.

No, that is a different car that makes much less power. Like you said, it is a completely gutted shell. It probably weighs about 1000 lbs less then this Stealth does. There is a second gutted out track-only car also running 9's now as well.

The car I am talking about, the one that currently holds the HP record, is a full weight car, over 3800lbs. He is only the 4th fastest in terms of ET though because it is still just a heavy street car. He has run 10.34 with a best trap of 140 so far if I remember right. He also has a stack of about a dozen broken transfer cases sitting in the corner...

The Tilton app for this car doesn't exist yet. So we are trying to not spend that kind of money yet if we don't have to. Plus RPS rebuilt it for free, so we figured we would try it again.