LS1 owns me

Guest 5.7

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

um I'm sorry didnt read that right. I would love a C5 the only problem that comes with that is money, which i dont have much of as of now. Inless I'm wrong and you can find a used cheap one?

you can get an M6 C5 for 17K

you can get an M6 C5 for 17K

yep, I was wrong I didnt know you could find them for that price. About 7k over what I'm looking to spend but I will remember that in a couple years when I'm looking for something new again(that is if i ever get an f-body). :( slow coming but it will come.

Well the Ws6 owner fell through.. and I just signed over the Cobra and traded it in.. I didn't get to bring back the Z because I wanted them to look at it because it would grin into 3rd.. anyways.. its a 99 Z28 w/ 68K miles.. full exhaust and the RS kit and its been lowered.. here's the only pic I have from it on the lot.. Crappy pic, but looks a lot better in person..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/deejay02/99z28.jpg

It's the 98+ RS kit though. It was called the "sport appearance package" on the Z28's that got it.

FIxxED :cool:

also that looks identical to my car. if it is grinding 3rd you either have A bad synchros or 2 a bent 3-4 shift fork.... those are the 2 major culprits anyways

FIxxED :cool:

also that looks identical to my car. if it is grinding 3rd you either have A bad synchros or 2 a bent 3-4 shift fork.... those are the 2 major culprits anyways

so.. guessing then the tranny needs rebuilt then or wha?

I just can't see trading in a '03/04 Cobra for a F-Body. Unless you were trying to save money? To eash his own, I understand the whole fitting issue but man that's a hard trade IMO.

yeah.. after really thinking about it.. its was tough giving it up, but all in all.. I'll be better off in the long run.. that just mean later on I can save for something better..

You are all wrong on the RS thing. For 4th Gen's, the "RS" package was from 96-97, on the V6 model. On an LT1 car, it is called the "F1" package, but I believe that is dealer-installed (have to ask Anthony, he owned one).

For the 98-02 cars, it is the sport apperance package, for both the V6 and V8 cars. Notice you don't see any RS badging on the 98-02 V6 cars with the apperance kit?

• 8 months later...