Bo Schembechler joins Woody in the grandstand

Orion

"The Dead Schembechlers" indicated that they will perform tonite and then dissolve as a band. They also released a press statement saying as much and expressing sorrow for Bo's passing. Additionally, they covered up their sign at the concert site that says "The Dead Schembechlers" with a sign that reads "God Bless Bo." Very classy of them.

Yup, it's a sad day - Bo was unarguably one of the greatest college football coaches of all time. A huge, huge loss.

The interesting thing is the "Dead Schembechlers" are performing tonight.

Maybe that's a bad idea.....

But RIP a great coach and the other half of the men who made this rivalry what it is today.

I honestly also think this changes the game for Michigan. It sure is going to be interesting.

"I can't believe this is not on the front page of their website."

Here's where I always go.

http://www.mgoblue.com/

Yeah I looked there too under athletics and it was not there until this afternoon. I can't believe they were so slow about it.

Doc, I hadn't heard that about TDS, that is way cool of them!

Everyone stay safe tonight and tomorrow, be smart and have fun!

Wow, I'm impressed to see a thread about anything involving Michigan that doesn't also involve "sucks" or disrespectful profanity. Maybe there's hope for Buck fans after all.

I wonder if there will be a moment of silence at the game, or some sort of mention of it. THAT would be classy, then again you'd have to rely on 100k+ drunk, stupid, overpaying OSU fans to shut the hell up for 10 seconds. hmmm maybe they'll just say a nice speech or something.

I wonder if there will be a moment of silence at the game' date=' or some sort of mention of it. THAT would be classy, then again you'd have to rely on 100k+ drunk, stupid, overpaying OSU fans to shut the hell up for 10 seconds. hmmm maybe they'll just say a nice speech or something.[/quote']

I read somewhere that there will be a moment of silence.

I wonder if there will be a moment of silence at the game' date=' or some sort of mention of it. THAT would be classy, then again you'd have to rely on 100k+ drunk, stupid, overpaying OSU fans to shut the hell up for 10 seconds. hmmm maybe they'll just say a nice speech or something.[/quote']

There likely will be. I think the people will be silent, Bo is a Buckeye and he will be missed as if it weren't for him and Woody the rivalry wouldn't have the same meaning as it does today.

"Bo touched the lives of so many and helped develop countless young men into role models and leaders," said Ohio State athletic director Gene Smith. "He is an icon for college athletics, not just the game of football. We extend our deepest sympathy to his family, the University of Michigan and college football fans everywhere."

Smith said the university would observe a moment of silence for Schembechler prior to Saturday's game between No. 1 Ohio State and No. 2 Michigan.

http://www.nbc4i.com/cfoot572/10345488/detail.html