Video Editing question

JaSSon

My digicam unfortunately takes video in a quicktime format. Video is 848x480 30fps with a bitrate of 950KB. I have a 21 second video that is 19.9 MB in size. What program could I use to convert it to a more standardized filetype, and if possible I would like to compress the file?

have you ever used anything else?

you ALWAYS get what you paid for... except when buying a mac, then you over pay :-)

I have used other programs. 90% of the software I use is Open Source, and the 2 Virtual Dubs are no exception. Because people arent dropping money on them, they are developing their own expansions of the original program and making things better than the $1000 programs that other companies make you buy.

Open source is always the way to go when it is an option. I used to be a big software pirate in my younger days, and I try to stay away from that now.

Sorry Pat, I just find it humorous that you're 17 and saying in your younger days :-)

Open Source isn't always the way to go, if it was, then HollyWood would be using open source video editing software instead of investing millions of dollars into video editing equiptment. (and software)

That being said, for ease of use, use Vegas Video. ULead Studio's is really easy to use as well. (and comes with most cameras) Adobe Premiere is an amazing software application as well, BUT, it's not the easiest to use.

probably not... typically it's all processor, memory, and HDD intensive, not video intensive... you aren't doing 3d rentering.
From waht I understand, AVIVO is supposed to unload some of the transcoding load onto the graphics card. Apparently the x1900xtx does it much better than youyr typical cpu. But I am not sure, I've never transcoded or edited any video.