Where to buy braided hose, flaring tool, bender, aluminum sheets, etc

Bam

I need to create an entire brake line setup for my car, I figured I'd just use braided lines, but I need like 30ft, anywhere I can buy it in a spool or something? If not braided hose, what do you guys recommend?

I also need a flaring tool and hose bender I believe.

I'm also trying to find large sheets of aluminum so that I can make panels out of them.

If anyone has any recommendations for stores/shops to buy these things from that'd be helpful in my build, cheaper is better but by no means should it compromise quality.

Thanks

It's a Shelby Cobra Kit car, using foxbody mustang parts. It will be a street car but will also see race courses/tracks occasionally, but mainly race-type stuff on the street, lol. I'm trying to make the floor, a firewall, a trunk, and just some misc. panels to block stuff.

Thanks

I would NOT run braided line throughout. Run your hard lines to the frame locations that the factory used then go with braided from the lines to the wheel cylinders. Brake line is NOT the same as other braided line. Most braided line is rubber or Viton, neither can be used with brake fluid. Brake lines need to be PTFE line. The other thing with this is that the lines don't do well with hand assembled fittings, they need to be crimped with a crimping machine. Those are about $2800, not something a guy is gonna just go buy.

The other thing with any braided line is that it will have a bit of expansion as you put pressure in it. With the amount that you are talking about it's going to be pretty significant and it's going to make your brakes feel spongy, even when properly bled out.

As far as your metal, I would look in the phone book for metal shops or talk to Tinman.

Buying the shit at the big box stores like Lowes is going to be really expensive, not to mention it's cheaper in full sheets. I bought a sheet of 24 gauge today that is 36X96 to build some duct work for a furnace. The 36X96 was $33, the sheet that was 36X36 was $18. you do the math.

Yeah, I plan on buying large sheets to cut down myself, not only save money but because I'll need to make weird shapes, not just squares/rectangles. I found a double brake flaring tool at harbor freight, is that all I need? Anyone have any idea on what I should expect to pay/not overpay on brake lines?

Thanks

sweet, i'll look them up in the phone book tomorrow. thanks for the headsup!

Just stop in. 4 of thier employees are off deer hunting, so the rest are very busy in the yard.

Research Alloys Co. Inc.

729 W. Goodale Blvd. Columbus, Ohio 43212.

One block west of Olentangy River Road.

224-4404

• 2 weeks later...
Yes all the kits come with the sheetmetal pre-cut, but I didn't buy a kit. I bought a used frame online and therefore all I really am starting with is a build manual I bought and the frame. Also, they sell the aluminum pieces pre-cut separate, but its $2000 for all the pieces and not worth it to me. I'm building a cobra kit car but I doubt it'll look like a cobra.

Yes all the kits come with the sheetmetal pre-cut, but I didn't buy a kit. I bought a used frame online and therefore all I really am starting with is a build manual I bought and the frame. Also, they sell the aluminum pieces pre-cut separate, but its $2000 for all the pieces and not worth it to me. I'm building a cobra kit car but I doubt it'll look like a cobra.

Are you using a ffr frame? If so there are many web-sites that sell pre bent lines already flared .

Yes, and I have seen the pre-bent flared lines on a few websites, but I think I can do mine for less than $175 + shipping cost they are asking. I'm not in a huge rush, I'd love to have it on the road in 07 but I'm content with 08. I'm using an mkI ffr frame.

Yes, and I have seen the pre-bent flared lines on a few websites, but I think I can do mine for less than $175 + shipping cost they are asking. I'm not in a huge rush, I'd love to have it on the road in 07 but I'm content with 08. I'm using an mkI ffr frame.

spend the money on the brake lines you'll be happier