Tell me about this Ford....

MrMeanGreen

I'm getting a 2006 Ford Five-hundred for my service vehicle. It's being drop-shipped to me next week to my house.

I don't know the first thing about these, as they seem to be a somewhat new offering from Ford in the recent years. This one is AWD, although I have no idea about anything else. Engine, options, etc.

Gas, insurance, maintanence, car washes are all paid for. I only plan on adding a GPS and satellite radio to it. What do I have to look forward to, anything I should beware of. Again, power/torque, options, issues, complaints, comments, etc.

Thanks.

My mom has a 2006 Mercury Montego, which I'm 99% sure is the same thing. Her's has the 3.0l v6, awd, xenons, nav, leather/htd/pwr seats, etc, its great, rides excellent and has decent pickup. I like driving it just for the seating position. It's got a huge backseat and trunk and overall for $20k I think they are very nice cars. She does only in city driving, so I'm sure her MPG suffers, but I'm pretty sure she gets 20-25 average.

they're the same 3.0 dohc 203hp 207ftlbs of torque its a duratec just like 2.5 contours only with extra oiling drains in the heads to keep from spinning bearings, it offeres varible valve intake shit to help with the powerband so its a small step up from the old taurus. it appears all awd models have the CVT constant velocity trans if you get a fwd then you get hte 6 speed auto. CVT's are picky you need trans flushed every 30k and with genuine ford fluid no random mercon with additives like most shops will do. Bring it by when you get it I'll tell you more

In terms of the domestic competition we can confidently say it’s not the equal of the Chrysler 300C but better than the Chevy Impala, and priced appropriately right in between.

Lol. The duratec isn't a bad motor at all. It's basically just the new taurus. Not a bad car, not a great car. Just a point a to point b car w/ decent gas mileage, power, comfort.

either way. it's free. I wish I got a company car. I just get a lousy montly car allowance and so many cents a mile for gas.