Who am I?

Dr. Pomade

any guess at all on some numbers?? bad ass car.

Great question. Maybe in the area of 650rwhp? It's at 10psi right now - it will see at least 20psi.

great job guys. Is the engine still in break in period or is that done?

Technically, no, it's broken in, at least from the engine standpoint. IPS did a really thorough - and careful - job of systematically heat-cycling it a while ago. So, it's really to rock, though, considering the elements (i.e., the colder weather) and other factors (e.g., the fact that my present tires aren't going to hold that kind of power), putting a more aggressive, more complete tune on it becomes almost impossible.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ponyfreak

What little I could tell from the video, there does not seem to be much lag-suprising. Good to see it finally done.

BTW, When you get tired of winning races, let me know.

What little I could tell from the video, there does not seem to be much lag-suprising. Good to see it finally done.

Yeah, virtually no lag at all. I was surprised as well.

BTW, When you get tired of winning races, let me know.

Oh snaps. :)

(Awesome double bind, BTW - kudos.)

Glad to see the car is up and running Doc!! :thumbup: I have had momments like that, and I think that until I would ever become a father, and my wedding day, those would have to be the happiest moments of my life!

Looks like its time to put some money into the ZX14 now!! :cool:

After watching the video, My first thought damn sounds like clutch is sleepin till i relized yeah something was slippin but it was the tires .

Secksy car , Secksy sound , mini tub is going to be envitable i think.

WICKED RIDE

Looks and sounds great, man.

But, kiss your drivetrain goodbye.

Yeah, but if it ain't broke and you can't really get anything for it, then see how much mileage you can get it out of before it breaks and then replace it. :)

Besides, I'm not trying to pop off a bunch of dig races on this set-up, and, from rolls, the spinnage may actually help in this department - spinning = less strain. In any event, I'm not trying to refute your notion - you are absolutely correct in that it's simply a matter of time.

BTW, what clutch did you decide to go with? I'm 99% sure I'm going with the Textralia twin disk.

Triple disc, carbon fiber. It engages easily, is easy to slip, doesn't chirp, and doesn't feel drastically different from the stock clutch in terms of drivability.

(NOTE for others: IMO, the stock Z06 clutch was fucking butter. This new clutch is about the same as my stock 03 Cobra clutch in terms of drivability, to give you some frame of reference.)

Guest Removed
Yeah, but if it ain't broke and you can't really get anything for it, then see how much mileage you can get it out of before it breaks and then replace it. :)

They make built trannys for them.

They make built trannys for them.

I know, and, eventually, a built transmission will go in mine. But, at the power I'm planning to make, even some of the "built" transmissions are likely to fail. So, given than I can't get much for a stock transmission, I figured to just forgo upgrading that for the time being, see how long I can go without breaking it, and then, when it does break, invest in a heavy-duty tranmission.

I know, and, eventually, a built transmission will go in mine. But, at the power I'm planning to make, even some of the "built" transmissions are likely to fail. So, given than I can't get much for a stock transmission, I figured to just forgo upgrading that for the time being, see how long I can go without breaking it, and then, when it does break, invest in a heavy-duty tranmission.

and beside he knows i got a trailer... sorry tilly had to say it lol

:( Tilley owns me for a bit longer I sitll hae to win back his money.

I owe him a 10 second car he said or something of the such...

I am going to take a moment to vent on something that has been building up inside me for a while.

GET THE FUCK OFF HIS NUTS.

He doesn't want you to be his video guy

He doesn't want you to ride shotgun

He doesn't want to hang out with you

He doesn't want to even discuss this with you outside of here.

He doesn't think you owe him something (because this would mean you two talk)

He doesn't fucking care.

Get a clue man. He has been nice to you that's it. You have made so many posts in his direction it is borderline stalker. John is just playing nice, because that is who he is. If you ever see the inside of his car it will be because you made it all uncomfortable asking him and begging him to do so. Not because John drove the car to each of his friends houses and said lets go for a ride, because you are not one of his friends. I know this because in all the times I hear him say he went here or there you were never a part of the story.

So please just stop, it is really annoying. At this point if something happened to John where he came up missing, the first thing that would come to mind is how the crazy turbo beetle kid kidnapped him so he can take a pic of them together and post it on the net to prove they know each other.

G-force T56, that should hold some power.

my stock t56 held over 500rwhp for 2 years, then around 700rwhp for a few months, never had any problems with it, then sold it. so yours shoud last a while.

Again powers of IPS showing his TRUE Business fashion. It was a fucking joke. I must have missed the part were you were driving my car the night i lost money, So BLOW ME. Must be the only jokes you make are ones to insult others, As in the true fashion Myself and other on CR half experianced.

And powers if you wanna start or say someting to me I'm pretty sure the pm button works as does acting like a adult not a tool. I would think IPS Motorsports would not want you running your mouth online like a tool because of the possible impact on business.

Run your mouth about me all you want, Don't fucking matter honestly since all your doing is showing off how well you can conduct yourself as an adult. I don't represent anyone but me, And you weak ass jabs about me owning a bug and previously being a tool are all known facts. I really think if you look in the mirror at the end of the day you will relize that your jabs are just that weak shots were my statements are true and concise.

In closing.

I will make it a point to make it known that I've sent customers your way, I've also had plans to come to your shop for work on my car. As long as you work there I'm going to just refer people elsewhere. If you don't think one persons statements about a small company don't matter then maybe marketing 101 is something you should take. But here i will let you know Powers, ( If you do something great for a customer/potial customer they will talk a little about your company, But if you do something bad towards a customer/potial customer they will talk to no end about how they were mistreated).

This Topic is Closed

All further posts on anyones part regarding this post will only be address via PM

-Thorne