Who am I?

Dr. Pomade

I'm a 2004 model. Two-doors and no back seat.

I'm black with black wheels.

I've been missing in action for a while, though a lot of progress has been made on me lately.

For the past two nights, I haven't been able to get any sort of traction, even in fourth gear. And even on only 10lbs of boost and only with seven degrees of timing. :eek:

I'll probably need really sticky tires, some race gas, and a mini-tub.

I'll be owning an Outerbelt near you in the coming months.

Please help identify me...

:)

EDIT: Here's a hint:

http://ipsmotorsports.net/pictures/tilleyttzo6.wmv

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a 2004 model. Two-doors and no back seat.

I'm black with black wheels.

I've been missing in action for a while, though a lot of progress has been made on me lately.

For the past two nights, I haven't been able to get any sort of traction, even in fourth gear. And even on only 10lbs of boost and only with seven degrees of timing. :eek:

I'll probably need really sticky tires, some race gas, and a mini-tub.

I'll be owning an Outerbelt near you in the coming months.

Please help identify me...

:)

Scott is actually going to drive the Jellybean?

Scott, thanks for the gesture, but it wasn't necessary. Honestly, you can close this one and leave the other one in The Kitchen. I realize that thread took a weird turn, but, hey, this is the Internet, where weird shit happens. It's all cool with me. :)

John, Congrats man glad to hear it. Now how much for a ride?

Clark, rides for friends are free, races though will cost a little $$$. :)

Good to hear it lives. Now

Dyno #'s?

Tire sizes (Width)?

pairs of pants you've ruined.?

It hasn't been to the dyno yet on the new set up. As for tires, I'll probably end up running something in the area of a 335 in the rear. I may end up doing a mini-tub, which would obviously allow for a wider tire, but I want to at least see how much traction - or lack thereof - comes along with the tires that are on there now.

Will (who ever is in the pic) let you out to drive it

Of course. :cool:

Let me guess...

Someone who has an ego so big that they feel required to start their own thread just so they can brag about themselves??

Wow, Captain Retarded, way to show up to the party late. Get a clue and then get back to me. No, rather, don't - my massive ego just told me that I don't really give a fuck about you.

I'll ask the inappropriate question I'm sure many are curious about that you obviously don't have to answer:

How much did it cost to have all the work done (parts & labor)?

PM sent. :)

My understanding is that IPS will be marketing something similar - or identical - to my setup as something of a "kit" to other Vette/Z06 owners. Said somewhat differently, I won't be their only customer with a Corvette that asks for them to do a turbo set-up. Thus, it's probably best to allow them to address questions related to costs and so forth, since, ultimately, each situation is bound to be at least a little different. Similarly, I'll refrain from posting the specifics of my costs here and instead disclose that information privately to those individuals that I feel comfortable enough with to do so.

I hope this makes sense. Ultimately, it's not that I mind questions like that - most of those who know me know that I rarely have a problem discussing those kinds of things - it's just that it seems more appropriate to allow IPS to field those questions, since, well, it's their business.