UF or UM? its gonna be REAL close...

Orion

Coaches, Sagarin, Colley are updated. UF picked up a lot of votes in the Coaches poll and if that trend continues in the Harris they will be #2. If UF and Mich evenly split the #2 and #3 votes in the Harris poll, UF will lead UM by .0055. UM needs 24 more #2 votes or a 48 point lead in Harris on UF to over come the Coaches polls margin assuming both UM's and UF's computer component is .94. Should I have made a mistake in my computer estmates and say UF's computer component is .93 not .94, then UM will only need a 10 vote margin or a 20 point lead. Last week UM led UF by 86 points in Harris.

Comp Coach's Harris BSC

Team W L Ave Rank Pts BCS Rank Pts BCS Points

1 Ohio State 12 0 1.00 1 1550 0.984 1 2850 1.000 0.9947

2 Florida 11 1 0.94 2 1470 0.933 2 2679 0.940 0.9378

3 Michigan 11 1 0.94 3 1444 0.917 2 2679 0.940 0.9323

edit: sorry i cant seem to get these columns to line up, but ive placed in bold text the important part.

UF's defense is good. Way underrecognized, and they also have had the hardest schedule in the nation. The SEC this year was incredibly tough, whereas the Big 10 was a total disappointment. I'd like to see UF's defense challenge Troy Smith, not to mention that Chris Leak is a GREAT quarterback, far superior to Chad Henne. This year, Leak has 2700+ yards, 22/13 TD/INT, and a rating of 146.76. Henne, by comparison, is a yard short of 2200 yards with 20 TD and 7 INT, and a rating of 144.15 and given strength of schedule and the quality of their recievers, I'd say that Leak outclasses Henne by a lot.

How second class does the Rose Bowl feel right now? Granddaddy of them all? Uh, how about Consolation Prize for the Losers.

USC versus UM is a great game, insofar one of them has to lose.

yeah, in that game, youre rooting for a meteor.

yeah, in that game, youre rooting for a meteor.

LOL.

But let's look at these final BCS rankings of the ranked teams UF played. #9 Auburn, #17 Tennessee, #4 LSU, #12 Arkansas, losing only to one of them.

But Michigan only played a now #11 Notre Dame, and lost to #1 OSU.

Looking at the numbers, UF is the right team to be #2. That said, I think Michigan would be a tougher team to play than UF.

But Michigan only played a now #11 Notre Dame, and lost to #1 OSU.

You forgot beating #7 Wisconsin who doesn't get to go to a bowl game and only lost 1 game to the now #3 team in the country.

What teams did USC get beat by? Oh yeah 2 unranked teams(Ore St and UCLA). Yet they get homefield advantage in the rose bowl? BCS sucks, time for playoffs.