furnace help, anyone do heating/ac work?

TurboRust

does anyone here doing heating/ac?? my gas furnace only works sometimes, the pilot light seems to light but then no gas seems to blow out over it. Can someone come look at this, pm me I'm usually home after 7 during the week and need it fixed asap. I'm willing to pay, money, food, beer, or tires lemme know.

thanks,

Derek

derek.. there are various sensors in your unit. what model do you have?? i had a similar problem with mine that was a $20 sensor. and you have to be a contractor or tech to bu it. but i know a place that will sell them to you.

let me know a good time i can come take a look at it.

i work night shift so ill only be available till about 2:30

First, when you say that the pilot lights, are you talking about the glow bar, or is this a standing pilot furnace?

If it's a glow bar, then most likely the photo eye is either dirty or defective. It looks at the glow bar to see that it's actually glowing before it allows gas to flow across it.

Also, and as dumb as this may sound, verify it anyway. If you are using propane, verify that there is propane in the tank, if its' a natural gas furnace, verify that you did not turn off the gas to it with the control valve that feeds the furnace. I will assume if it's a natural gas furnace that you also cook with gas and would be aware if your gas was turned off outside. Again, I know it's silly to ask but I have seen it more times than I care to mention.

If you have checked both of these things and it's not working, it's got to be one of three things, the glow bar photo eye, the gas valve, or the controller board. If you would like specific help, call me at 923-9622. Get the manufacture and model number before you call me so I can pull the reference material for the unit and look it over.

I only have expertise on furnaces up to a point, once you get into the super high effiency units, I turn it over to a better qualified person. But I have a guy that is a close friend that is trained on all types and wouldn't recommend anyone else. He can buy any parts that I would otherwise not have access to, but that's only on some makes of furnace. Most parts can be purchased by anyone that has the cash and walks into the heating/cooling supplier.