Good Deal?

Duff1647545513

Found a new car and like it alot and am very close to buying it, but I don't know a whole lot about Trans-ams at the moment and I was just wondering if this would be a good buy.

It's a White 1994 Pontiac Trans-am with a supercharged LT-1, flowmaster exhaust, cloth interrior, and 72K miles. No scratches or dents, very clean looking, sounds badass. I test drove it and really like it, runs great and everything. The biggest problem I really saw was the headliner was drooping down. I'll try to get pictures up soon.

They're asking $8,500 for it. Is this a good deal or could I find a similar one for cheaper?

I would have to see pic's. Condition of paint and workmanship etc but it sounds decent. Just remember it's a 12yr old GM vehicle and little things like the headliner etc are going to fall apart. That is about the mileage my friends 94 Z had when it fell apart and it was only 6yrs old at the time. Everything literally fell apart! Rattle, squeak pop and boom.

The kind of supercharger makes a difference too. There's a HUGE difference between a twin intercooled D1SC and a stupid Powerdyne.

Any motor work done? Stock LT1 shortblocks are NOT boost friendly.

As for the headliner comment, my Formula is also a 94 w/ about 90k on the clock now, and the headliner is in perfect shape. My car hasn't fallen apart, other than the things I've broken due to heavy abuse.

I would have to see pic's. Condition of paint and workmanship etc but it sounds decent. Just remember it's a 12yr old GM vehicle and little things like the headliner etc are going to fall apart. That is about the mileage my friends 94 Z had when it fell apart and it was only 6yrs old at the time. Everything literally fell apart! Rattle, squeak pop and boom.

I had a 93 Camaro up till 1.5yrs ago and it had over 140k on it and reliable as anything on the road. It all basicaly boils down to maintainence, not sayinf your friend didnt take care of his, but also pay attention to WHO you are buying it from as much as what you are buying.

The kind of supercharger makes a difference too. There's a HUGE difference between a twin intercooled D1SC and a stupid Powerdyne.

Any motor work done? Stock LT1 shortblocks are NOT boost friendly.

As for the headliner comment, my Formula is also a 94 w/ about 90k on the clock now, and the headliner is in perfect shape. My car hasn't fallen apart, other than the things I've broken due to heavy abuse.

It's a Powerdyne supercharger, why are they stupid? I just went and checked it out again and was looking closer at everything before I went to work and saw it had a full K&N intake, stronger axels(I forget the brand), and MSD coil packs and wires. As for the headliner problem, I know a guy that will make it look brand new for like $20, so I'm not worried about it at all.

When I go back tomorrow the guy who actually owns the car is supposed to be there, so I'll ask him for more info as to what, if any, work has been done to the motor. I'm going to take my camera too so I can get you guys some pictures.