need help with my truck

XChris1632X

some of you might now but my trucks been broken for about a month. ive done numerous things to it but someone from one of my diesel truck forums who is very experienced with the fuel sytem suggested that the only thing left that i can do is use some type of bds scanner (im figuring a dealer type) to detect whether it is the injection pump or the ecm that is the one not comunicating with the other. if someone can help me go from here it would be nice. i leave for basic training in one month and i would definatly like to have my truck running before i leave.

it died on my while driving and wont start back up. that really sums it up but i have a brand new like 6 month old injection pump which i know with these trucks they can be junk in two weeks. When my truck died I was full throttle at a little more than free way speeds and I let off the throttle 100% all at once, as soon as I did it died. There were a lot of people including myself that was thinking I had air trapped in the pump from backing out of it to fast, which happens with these fuel sytems. I have since hooked it to a scanner I use at work and had the codes at the bottom. After I cleared the codes I bled the air out of 3 of the easy to reach injector lines which is supposed to be enough. The truck still didnt even try to start it just cranked. the first three times I tried to turn it over the check engine light came on while I was cranking and went out as soon as I quit. After that it never came back on. I know that when you injection pump goes it can still push fuel out of the lines when you cycle the key but the electronics can be toast. But I also know of a couple freak accidents where the ecm has died and done the same thing. This is where Im at.

P0237 Map Sensor Voltage Too Low.

MAP sensor voltage input below the minimum acceptable voltage.

P0382 Intake Air Heater Relay #2 Control Circuit.

Problem detected in #2 air heater solenoid/relay circuit (not heater element)

P1689 No Communication Between ECM and Injection Pump Module.

Data link circuit failure between ECM and fuel injection pump. Low power, engine derated, or engine stops.

Guest Removed

first link in my sig ...we can fix it.

scan tool will only tell you so much.now you need a dvom and or lab scope too check powers and grounds and inputs and out puts at the ecu and injection pump.

APPS Reset Procedure

Answer: This procedure has shown to help 24 valve ISB engines. It is basically teaching the fly by wire accelerator on these trucks to reread the position of the pedal and it's limits. Most complaints this will help with is poor acceleration, improper shifting, bucking in 5 and 6 speeds. Has been known to increase fuel mileage in some instances.

1. Set parking brake

2. Disconnect negative battery cables on both batteries

3. Turn ignition key to run(to drain any remaining capacitors)

4. Let truck sit for 30 minutes( this is the recommended minimum)

5. Return ignition to OFF position

6. Reconnect both batteries and secure, not a timed event

7. Turn key to run position(not start) and depress accelerator pedal slowly all the way to the floor

8. Allow pedal to return to top position slowly

9. Turn ignition switch OFF

10.Release parking brake