Police Roadblock Harassment Caught on Tape

Guest 78novaman

The video is useless.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2585482423715017278

Cliff's notes... sober 19 year old refuses to answer very simple questions at a checkpoint. Cop detains him to check ID and insurance. Another cop stalls the manual trans car ONE time. Kid asks about the dept fixing all the damage they did to his car.

Kid knows he has a camera running, so tries to pull a hippy stunt and comes off like a jackass.

The video is useless.

Cliff's notes... sober 19 year old refuses to answer very simple questions at a checkpoint. Cop detains him to check ID and insurance. Another cop stalls the manual trans car ONE time. Kid asks about the dept fixing all the damage they did to his car.

Kid knows he has a camera running, so tries to pull a hippy stunt and comes off like a jackass.

worthy of websters. it didnt seem like that cop over reved the car at all.

The video is useless.

You do not have to answer any questions that an officer asks.

You do not have to get out of the car unless you are being arrested.

A cop does not have the right to search your vehicle without probable cause or permission from the driver.

You do not have to blow into a breathalizer or take any sort of test to prove you have not consumed alcohol or drugs.

These are all rights protected by the Constitution. To say that cops are allowed to overstep their boundaries or refuse anyone of their rights is more ridiculous than exercising your own right to self incrimination.

This kid was LOOKING for this. He knew what was going to happen. Why else would he have a video camera ON RECORD, while randomly driving down the road.

His response to the officer was well to coordinated and quick as a response, like he knew they were going to ask him this.

This kid was prepared.

"Oh Look, its a checkpoint"

:rolleyes:

You do not have to answer any questions that an officer asks.

You do not have to get out of the car unless you are being arrested.

A cop does not have the right to search your vehicle without probable cause or permission from the driver.

You do not have to blow into a breathalizer or take any sort of test to prove you have not consumed alcohol or drugs.

These are all rights protected by the Constitution. To say that cops are allowed to overstep their boundaries or refuse anyone of their rights is more ridiculous than exercising your own right to self incrimination.

I know this, and agree 100%. I have driven through numerous DUI check points, and every one has started the same as this kid's video. Is it really too tough to say "home" or "to bang my girlfriend" when asked where you are headed? Having said that, I know the kid has every right to tell the cop it is none of his business.

We all know the checkpoints are ultimately set up to save lives. If a cop pisses off a few 19 year olds in the procoss, so be it.

I personally do not even see a reason for the kid to be pissed. He staged this. He got the exact response he wanted. He is the one who went off on the clutch tangent.

Asking the kid to exit the vehicle at a checkpoint was not wrong. Asking the kid for ID and insurance was not wrong. The cop stating they would find a reason to arrest him was wrong; I think we all agree on this. However, that would never have happened if the kid did not stage this lousy video.

The policeman wanted the guy to talk to hear if he is slurring his words. That's all. They could say, please repeat this sentence.... but they don't, they ask how your night is etc... I say this kid was bored and thought it would be fun to stage this and get it on video. The kid should be thankful that if he has to dial 911 later in his life, the police will show up.

I cannot stand people that think the police are out to get them, they are just trying to make my little part of the world safe for my kids.