CR indoor range get together

AJ

Read this twice before you post a reply!

Who is interested in going to an indoor range? $10 per person + targets or bring your own. 50 foot range. HANDGUNS ONLY. .223 is OK as long as its frangible! maybe in the spring we can put together something outdoors for some long guns. There is some down sides to this range I have access too.

*frangable ammo only* as in zero lead, if it doesn't say frangible on the box its not going on the range.

10 people MAX on the fire line. more people are welcome just not shooting at the same time.

Upsides to the range. We can have a lot of fun, I can bring the course of fire lesson plans for basic police and privet security along with advanced firearms. we can shoot from cover, time targets, have a top gun shoot out between each other. Plus more kick ass shit.

we can use the range almost anytime any day between 8am and 10pm. the range is in Grove City, its a privet range and its mostly used by police departments. If your not interested in doing this don't post here, other wise PM me on leave a message.

Jim Meades range? I train there several times a year. I am certified by Meade. Great guy and nice range. I might be interested in this.

Eric

yeah that range, i'm his son.

what part of the week would everyone like to do? weekend? weekday? maybe a saturday towards the end of this month or begging of next month? maybe mid February? i'm free anytime untill march 1 then i have a tactical weapons class my dad is teaching and then back to work. so i would like to do it before then.

vances has is, i think but don't remember if gander mtn has it. if you have a .223 rifle with frangible than its cool, they do have a .223 handgun.

this explanes it pretty good

http://www.precisioncartridge.com/frangible.html

you can also get it here http://www.precisioncartridge.com

$245 for 1000 round of .40 so thats $12.50 for 50 rounds so its cheeper than you can get it from vances.

Very interesting....

I would consider joining, depending on the other attendees. Some here should not be behind the wheel of a car....let alone a firearm :rolleyes:

How far in the future are you looking? Most all of the loads I have worked up are for 200gr Lead SWC. Shouldn't be too hard to work up a new load.

I have never heard of this range (not a suprise). Are they normally open to the public? Do they offer Memberships? What are the rates?

This is much closer to me than The Powder Room. And if it is a "private" club....I would be VERY interested in joining (if possible). I hate some of the dumbasses that are at the PR on a daily basis.

KillJoy

I would consider joining, depending on the other attendees. Some here should not be behind the wheel of a car....let alone a firearm :rolleyes:yeah no shit on that one.

How far in the future are you looking? Most all of the loads I have worked up are for 200gr Lead SWC. Shouldn't be too hard to work up a new load. i am looking at dates later this month to mid next month depending on when everyone wants to go

I have never heard of this range (not a suprise). Are they normally open to the public? Do they offer Memberships? What are the rates? it is not open to the public

This is much closer to me than The Powder Room. And if it is a "private" club....I would be VERY interested in joining (if possible). I hate some of the dumbasses that are at the PR on a daily basis. there used to be and may still be a tuesday night .22 gun club

KillJoy

Kevin R. i'm sure grove city would love for that to happen to earn some extra income for the city but no.

Question;

Does handgun ammo have to be frangable too, or just rifle ammo?

both, Grove City tried to shut us down but we had all the lead cleaned up and we pased the lead test so we can't use ammo with lead in it at all. it sucks but the EPA is shuting alot of ranges down because of lead.