How bout them Colts?

dover

Chad Johnson with a couple teammates have gone to the funny bone in Cinci I think it is every thursday night and put on a small show. Chad has given away many trips to road games complete with airfare, hotel, tickets and meals. He takes about 10 fans that he doesn't know. He picks them right out of the crowd, takes them out to dinner at the location of the road game. He is a pretty cool guy.

That doesn't mean I have to fucking like the guy.

It doesn't mean you have to fucking hate him either.

Maybe you're reacting to the notion that a bunch of people (e.g., people like me) are on his nuts. Sorry, I didn't mean to come across like that. While your not trying to villify him, I'm not trying to idolize him either, but it may seem that way. Instead, I'm just glad to see the guy win, since I perceive him to be a good guy, and, I think, sometimes the good guys deserve to have good things happen to them.

I guess I perceive Peyton's involvement in advertising much differently. It's obvious (to me) that he doesn't need the money, so I see his participation as being more benevolent, and even charitable. Maybe Peyton's got me fooled, and he's really a money-hungry prick. But, if that's the case, then he's doing one hell of an acting job - one that's much better than what he presents in commercials, for sure. :)

Shawn Merriman is a cheater. Don't get me fucking started on him.

I agree with you on Chad Johnson. I think he's great, and his antics are completely tongue-in-cheek and great entertainment. We should have more Chad Johnsons and less Terrell Owens in the league, though I would guess many people wouldn't share my opinion that they are too very different personalities.

Its not people like you, doc, that gets me ticked at Payton. Its those fucks in Bristol. Year in and year out, its a fucking Manning vs. Brady bowl. I would argue that last night was proof that when the Colts play the Pats, it has little-to-nothing to do with the quarterbacks. Reche Caldwell's hands were so slippery, you would've thought him to be a prepubescent kid the way he was dropping balls. The Pats secondary was covering both Wayne and Harrison in a way I haven't seen all season. Samuel had a game that could only be compared to his performance against Sexy Rexy. Bob Sanders had a great game. The Colts linebackers weren't all that spectacular, but Brady had a blue #93 in his face nearly the whole game.

I realize that Manning tossed for nearly 350, but that's pretty much expected, especially in a high-pressure game. Last night was one of the greatest games I've ever watched because it wasn't about Manning's perennial choke, or Brady's perennial comeback. The Pats were always up. The Colts were always down. How could Brady have comeback from a 21-6 lead? How could Payton choke on a 6-21 deficit?

I guess what I'm saying doc, *tear* is that its not Payton that I hate....its the idea of Payton.

All kidding aside though, I guess I just don't like the guy and the media attention just exacerbates that.

Not to just argue for the sake of argument, but If Sorji was playing that game, Indy would have gone home a loser by 30+ points. Manning had everything to do with playing that game, he helped score the points to win, he was a team leader in a TEAM effort. If the D didn't stop NE the few times they did in the end, the team would have lost. Yes I agree. However the plays that worked were the play action plays that were set up by Manning. He got them back in the game. That place was silent! I disagree, saying that he and brady had nothing to do with that game and it was all defense is like saying Hitler and Churchill had nothing to do with WWII. WTF? In my eyes a defensive game is 6 to 9 not 38-34. Brady and Manning earned those points against two defenses that gave it all they had and couldn't stop either offense. Indy was shut down in the first half and couldn't be stopped in the second, to the pats credit, they were pretty worn out in the second half, you can only go at a QB like they did for so long. Seriously, were we watching the same game?

I may sound like I'm swinging from his nuts, but everyone said Indy was done when James left. He proved them all wrong. They never made it past the first round when James was there. Now without him, they are in the Superbowl. Manning is the common factor. However I will say to your arguement, when Bob Sanders came back it was a whole new team. Bob Sanders didn't put up many points to win games though.

I needed new england to win for a small poll i was in, but as a bengals fan and indy beats us every year, unless it s preseason; and i found myself cheering for payton. I love the guy, when he is not picking apart my defense. They are not saying boo, they are saying moooo - vers.

spaceghost, lets break down the scoring:

Patriots 7-0: Logan Mankins fumble recovery in the endzone after Maroney fumble

Colts 3-7: Vinatieri 42 yarder

Patriots 14-3: Corey Dillon 7 yards

Patriots 21-3: Peyton Manning interception returned for TD by Asante Samuel

Colts 6-21: Vinatieri good from 26

Colts 13-21: 1 yard run by Peyton Manning...tell me that couldn't have been done by Sorgi (spell his name right)

Colts 21-21: Dan Klecko 1 yd reception + Marvin Harrison 2 pt conversion. This I'll give to Manning, but on the conditional that you recognize that there's a good 5 or 6 QB's in the NFL that could do this as well.

Patriots 28-21: Jabar Gaffney 6 yd reception on a pretty bad pass by Tom Brady

Colts 28-28: Jeff Saturday fumble recovery in the end zone

Patriots 31-28: Gostkowski 28 yds

Colts 31-31: Vinatieri 36 yds

Patriots 34-31: Gostkowski 43 yds

Colts 38-34: Joseph Addai 3 yd run

Brady: 21/34, 232, 1TD, 1INT

Manning, 27/47, 349, 1TD, 1INT

Not a particularly stunning game for either quarterback. I would say that Peyton was able to move the ball down the field on a few big catches by Clark, a few broken tackles from Wayne, because WHEN IT COUNTED MOST, the Colts D held up and the Pats D didn't.

Not a particularly stunning game for either quarterback. I would say that Peyton was able to move the ball down the field on a few big catches by Clark, a few broken tackles from Wayne, because WHEN IT COUNTED MOST, the Colts D held up and the Pats D didn't.

TOTAL NET YARDS 319 455

Total Offensive Plays (inc. times thrown passing) 59 80

Average gain per offensive play 5.4 5.7 Average play is almost 6 yards! :lol:

RED ZONE EFFICIENCY 3-4-75% 4-6-67%

First value is Pats and second value is Colts. This is from the gamebook on NFL.com

Almost 800 combined yards is not a defensive game IMO. Payton and Brady might not have thrown 10 tds but their yards state that the defense could not match up.

I agree that the pats d did not keep up, but in the first half the colts d was not there either. I'm just glad the Colts won.

Here is a defensive game IMO. Week 2 Bills vs Mia-16 to 6

TOTAL NET YARDS 171 282

Total Offensive Plays (inc. times thrown passing) 52 59

Average gain per offensive play 3.3 4.8

RED ZONE EFFICIENCY 1-3-33% 0-1-0%

I don't think I ever said it was all the defense, but I may be wrong. The point I was trying to get across was that last night's game wasn't about which quarterback was going to come through in the pinch, it was about whose defense would.

I just don't think the Colts will be able to run/pass like they did today against the Bears. Their defense is solid.

Brees just passed for 350yds and 2 TD's against the Bears D. I can't count how many balls were off target to wide open recievers either. If that's the same defense that Peyton is playing in two weeks I expect an aerial assault by the Colts.

Here is a defensive game IMO. Week 2 Bills vs Mia-16 to 6

TOTAL NET YARDS 171 282

Total Offensive Plays (inc. times thrown passing) 52 59

Average gain per offensive play 3.3 4.8

RED ZONE EFFICIENCY 1-3-33% 0-1-0%

That's more about a matchup of two completely inept offenses.