FWD stick vs. RWD auto?

zeitgeist57

My wife's car is a V6 5spd Passat. Not a bad car. I'm looking at some big body German sedans that are all V8 RWD.

All of our current cars are stick shift (Corvette, Passat, Cleetus). Is it sacrilege to switch over to the dark side of never rowing my own gears?

Guest 78novaman

Auto is ok, but I tend to get mad at the slushbox when it decides to shift into overdrive when I want 2nd gear :mad:

Anything is better than FWD ;)

It would be wise to wait until spring before switching the drive wheels on her. It may save a spin out.

Auto is ok, but I tend to get mad at the slushbox when it decides to shift into overdrive when I want 2nd gear :mad:

Anything is better than FWD ;)

It would be wise to wait until spring before switching the drive wheels on her. It may save a spin out.

he lives in florida

I say find the car with the best deal you you and your wife like. as for auto vs manual for a DD it would not be a deal breaker for me. also if you are considering a auto look for one that has paddle shifters or the triptronic shift that you can still get some of the manual feeling/playtime with the auto.

i will honestly say, i am more attentative (sp??) when im driving my cars (5 spd) over when im driving my g/fs auto mazda3. probably because there is more going on that i HAVE to pay attention

I agree. When I drive my auto car, It's much easier to get distracted because of how easy it is to drink a pop or snack on some food or cell phone..etc. My 240 doesn't even have cup holders. D'd