Mad River Mountain this week 2/12- 2/19

Mojoe

Ben, I wouldn't mind helping you out with learning how to ride. Remember, I'll help you with this, you work with me on the auto X. LMK

Deal. I need all the help I can get, I have a high center of gravity and though I did ok last time out it was hard as hell.

Joe, that's stuff is great for in between actually getting the board waxed, edges tuned. Although I've never heard of that company.

You should take your board/skis in at least before every season to get them waxed, edges tuned, and in the case of skis get the release retention settings checked. I have everything to wax and tune my skis and I know how to do it and I still take my skis in at the beginning of the season to get them tuned.

I'll probably take mine in before we go to Vermont too.

Getting the cheapest tune in town, worrying about driving a few extra miles, is a great way to possibly ruin a nice board or skis. I definitely wouldn't trust very many people in town with my skis (and there are at least half a dozen places).

Honestly you are going to get nicks and scratches on your base. It just happens, especially skiing around here (this is coming from someone who owns two sets of skis/bindings that retail for over $1k each). If you have small nicks, they will fill in with a good wax job ok. Any big scratches/gouges are a little harder, and sometimes they don't fill in. That's when you have to figure out if $50+ is worth a good base refinish. Or if you should just put that money towards a new set of skis/board. I've never heard of that version of repairing bases. I really doubt it works very well. The professional machines to refinish bases are VERY expensive.

The are showing a household iron for waxing. Lol, trust nothing on that page.

I have way too many hours on my carving skis this year and haven't had time to wax them. :(

Joe, you're going to convince someone on here to ruin their board/skis.

Anyone who buys that kit and tries to tune their board/skis is equivalently to the kid who tried to port his engine by running sand through it.

Jesse, I have done my boards that way for over 10 years. It's very easy. The only reason I would go to a shop is to have the edges done or if I didn't want to take the time to work the board myself. I have seen shops that use a house hold iron. Also, although it was a while ago, I know that the Burton riders would use the same thing when they got a new board and were going to ride it same day. Working over a board takes at least an hour, they way I do it. But, that is better than $30 and 3-5 days before it's done.

If someone decides to use it, it's on them.