ended the season with a big BANG!

ninjachk08

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks everyone.

im not worried bout getting a ticket or not.. it'll just be a bummer since my other failure to control will be taken off in the spring. ( no other offense on my license)

i learned from one of the guys that ninjanick slows down alot on that corner..my point on that is, the more experienced rider slowed down, and i didnt.. so, idk..speed? cold pavement? idk..

a few of us think it was prob the pavement being cold.. the corner was in the shade.

Sorry to here about your lowside, hopefully you will heal up quick. If that corner was in the shade as you said I bet the pavement was damp also. Ohio Riders beware of cold pavment, fall, winter, and spring.

I am curious about the shady pavement... I have wondered this myself towards the end of the season, once i have my tires and such warmed up, and travelling in heavily shaded areas should i consider traction to be less due to pavement temp?

Bottom line is that it wasn't the pavement that caused the crash. It was rider error. Typically in a low side, it is from too much brake while leaning over. It could have been cold pavement or colder than the other type of pavement, but honestly, it really shouldn't matter.

I vote she used too much brake and trailed too much and low sided and crashed. It's a bummer, but the bike didn't cause it and the pavement unless oiled down didn;t cause it.

Again, rider error. I come across pavement where it was shaced with all those grooves you get when they grind it... It can cause serious issues with grip. Solution is to not be braking hard or trailing a lot when leaning over in that turn. However, guys who thought they could treat it like any other turn ate shit burgers there... Case in point? They made a mistake and crashed... Same here.

danielle did you have anybody ahead of you in sight before you went into that turn? I was watching ahead and saw how sharp the guys ahead of me were turning + saw the sign with the arrow right on the other side of the bike trail so I figured I better slow down I took it at like 40mph.......it helps a TON if you have somebody right in front of ya so you know what to expect. I guess us with bigger bikes came down the mile stretch before that turn faster than you could go :roll: I hit 120 coming down thru there..... Kept watching back and didn't see ya and started to have a bad feeling...... I flagged down brad and told him and we turned around and came back....

i slipped sideways on one of those turns a couple miles before that, scared the shit out of me.....

wow. i so happy your okay. you need some riding gear! like boots not sneakers and leather pants not jeans you would of been fine if you had that stuff. as for the gloves are they to big? do they have a tight wrist strap? im still glad your fine and the bikes good to go.

Bottom line is that it wasn't the pavement that caused the crash. It was rider error. Typically in a low side, it is from too much brake while leaning over. It could have been cold pavement or colder than the other type of pavement, but honestly, it really shouldn't matter.

I vote she used too much brake and trailed too much and low sided and crashed. It's a bummer, but the bike didn't cause it and the pavement unless oiled down didn;t cause it.

Again, rider error. I come across pavement where it was shaced with all those grooves you get when they grind it... It can cause serious issues with grip. Solution is to not be braking hard or trailing a lot when leaning over in that turn. However, guys who thought they could treat it like any other turn ate shit burgers there... Case in point? They made a mistake and crashed... Same here.

1. D glad you're ok

2. I think they have 6 months to issue a ticket for accidents if they choose.

3. I was told by a traffic Supervisor that if a Driver said they wrecked due to a deer they took the drivers side due to the amount ofdeer in ohio. ( take it for what it is, just what I heard. He was from Hamilton County Sheriff's Office)

4. What do you mean by trailing? Sorry still learning the riding terms......

Term of the day learned for 11/03/08 = Filtering

4. What do you mean by trailing? Sorry still learning the riding terms......

Essentially, it is an advanced thing to learn, but is also something a lot of people do that lack experience. For advanced riders, they will use SLIGHT front brake pressure while leaning over. Inexperienced riders will do the same thing, but because they are slightly afraid they are going too fast.

Basically, the problem is that you can trail too much front brake and loading the front results in lowsides. Meaning, even if you roll off the throttle and do not apply brake pressure, you are still loading the front enough to a point you can load it too much and push the front wheel away from you and result in a lowside.

Even the best racers have times where it bites them in the ass. They want to go as fast as they can and that edge they ride on can mean making it through a turn while trail braking or end up on their ass because they pushed it too far...

Trail braking is also done w/o intention. A lot of rider will do it and not realize it until they end on the ground.

i learned from one of the guys that ninjanick slows down alot on that corner..my point on that is, the more experienced rider slowed down, and i didnt.. so, idk..speed? cold pavement? idk..

If it makes you feel any better, That same turn took me by suprise also. It has been forever since we rode those roads. I remembered about the bike path and slowing for that, but the turn itself suprised me since it has been a while. I wouldnt have seen it if I wasnt right behind Nick, John, and Derrick.

As for trail braking, I trail with my rear brakes in a lot of the tighter turns but I tend to get on the brakes late too, which makes my entry speed higher. If I didnt use my rear brake, I would have ran off the road many times. If you use the rear brake, its easier to control the front of the bike but have to be careful not to apply too much rear brake and lock it up. It took le a long time to get use to using or at least covering the rear incase I need it, but it really helped my cornering.

i agree.. it could been rider error.. but you cant say i that i locked up the brakes.. you need to go back to the first post, cuz ive said i didnt use the brakes!