ended the season with a big BANG!

ninjachk08

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I for one appreciate the information he gave, and I do learn alot from others mistakes. Not saying I am glad she got in an accident, but I like to know why an accident happened to help avoid it happening again.

I know some accidents are just that, but I hear about so many accidents every year on here I like to learn and be as safe as I can when riding, so call it morbid but I always like to hear from someone more experienced what probably happened, and how I can avoid a similair situation.

Well thought out here and the idea that every rider should posses. Accidents are just like he stated - accidents. However, accidents are mistakes. I get a PM from Purdy telling me I am wrong and that it isn't like I stated that it is usually rider error. Mistakes, errors, fuck ups - whatever you want to call them, they are due to rider error.

I always try and evaluate crashes I have had to learn from them. I also try and evaluate other people's crashes in an effort to see what went wrong. Sometimes it is mechanical - I've crashed due to that. It sometimes is also something like another rider takes you out and you couldn't do a thing - had that happen, too. However, each of those examples has a human element that involved an error.

My mechanic puts in the wrong spacer in the front end and the bike tucks the front because of his error. The rider who takes me out makes a poor judgement call and bowling balls me and him to the ground. He made an error that took out two people.

If a deer runs out in front of you, a sink hole opens up under you, a tree is struck by lightning and it falls on you as you pass by, well then that's uncontrollable. That's a small % of things that occur...

Safe riding out there to all. I wish everyone to be watched over favorably...

are we talking about the road that rises over the bike path and then dips down into a left turn?

i would almost bet rider error in this case. even if you didn't think you did anything most likely you did (just as brian said) whether it be getting a little spooked rolling off the throttle and upsetting the suspension or tapping the brakes to take the weight off the rear and overload the front. everything comes into play. coming over the hill or front is unloaded and then gets loaded very quickly without you doing anything but driving and then rolling off the throttle shifts even more weight forward as you tuck in to the turn.

i nearly tucked the front at mid ohio and i was blaming my bike and shitty susp setup and then when i talked to brian (lizard1) and steve my instructor over lunch about it (who happens to be a state cop and a great guy) and after i told them exactly what i was doing they told me it was me rolling off the throttle resulting in an overloaded front suspension that caused it and to stop being a pussy and keep the throttle on.

on the other hand with it being a country road on a fall day it could very easily have been a small patch of gravel...

either way brian knows his shit and always has great advice whether you like it or not.

Edited by natedogg624

I don't think there was a thread. Don't think she told alot of people.

Cat's outta the bag now!!!

Yea, she only married the guy for his health insurance plan. :p

My neighbors at my last apt got married so that she could get on his ins. It was really odd to me but her back was super fucked up and i think she lost her job teaching.

NOT saying that Danielle did this! So don't misunderstand. It just made me think of them....

Those two drank ALL THE TIME, too. And had reallllyy loud sex. Schmuck, you remember that? Maybe that's why her back was fucked up :dunno:

ok guys, enough! those are not the reasons i got married, and the people i talk to on a regular basis knew.. so get off it! ask jon,dustin and brian!

and enough of the advice! its over.. MOVE ON!!

anyway, i got the bike today, $298.20 later..still waiting on an adjuster

pics in first post

Edited by ninjachk08

ok guys, enough! those are not the reasons i got married, and the people i talk to on a regular basis knew.. so get off it! ask jon,dustin and brian!

pics in first post

Sorry chk, I wasn't saying that you got married for the wrong reasons, just when someone suggested that it reminded me of my neighbors. Anyway, congrats :o

pics in first post

yea i knew im important