place to go on vacation at the end of March

smokin5s

Apple Vacations...... Riveria Maya all inclusive, flight, food, room and all the alcohol you can drink is included. and it is like a fantasy getaway down there, it is about an hour south of cancun, i actually went 2 years ago in march and was worried about all the spring breakers in cancun, but once we got to our hotel, it was so quiet and romantic cant ask for a nicer place. if you need a travel agent PM me and i can give you the name of my agent he is good.

sandals at St. lucia. all inclusive, not too expensive, and a great place for couples.

http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/4904/p4220007pm2.jpg

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/5350/p4240035po2.jpg

never mind, just saw your budget. vegas sounds not too bad, chicago would be cold, but you could get a sweet hotel room, take her to an awesome restaurant, and then pop the question back at the hotel overlooking the city--sounds corny, i know, but women go for that shit

The Gatlenburg might be a good idea as well... do you have any more info on where you are staying, etc...?

Here is the website for the place we are staying at. I don't know what the prices will be that week. But there are tons of places down there around Gatlinburg

http://www.heartlandrentals.com

It is about a 6-8 hour drive, depending on your speed. But over all the places to eat are cheap, and it is very easy not to spend much money down there. The park is beautiful and there are a lot of cool places to go to around there. One thing to think of if you do go down there at that time of the year, the Black bears have just woke up, so they can be a bit grumpy and hungrey at that time of the year.

Proposing is supposed to be both romantic and memorable. You simply cannot manufacture romance.

The Eiffel Tower is not the Eiffel Tower because it looks like the Eiffel Tower... it is everything that it associated with it: The enchantment associated with French culture; The history in its creation during the centennial celebration of the French Revolution; The Champ De Mars it overlooks and the Seine River that runs next to it.

You can’t make a Erector Set Ferrari and expect to hold the same allure that the real thing does. A woman perception of romance is far deeper than a superficial appearance of something associated with romance.

PS: I don't mean to knock the dude (whoever) who made his proposal there, if your girl was happy with it that's all that matters.

Ken, I don't know if I agree completely with you... it might not have a river flowing beside it, BUT, there is a certian magic in the air even in Vegas (although I have no idea since I've never been there... it's just what I've heard)

I do what to make this memorable for her and myself... That's why I'm coming to you guys for ideas :-)

Ken, I don't know if I agree completely with you... it might not have a river flowing beside it, BUT, there is a certian magic in the air even in Vegas (although I have no idea since I've never been there... it's just what I've heard)

I do what to make this memorable for her and myself... That's why I'm coming to you guys for ideas :-)

The stench of urine and cigar smoke is often confused for "magic in the air".

Hmm I did a cruise in the bahamas and it cost me under $1500 in January a year ago. That was awesome and weather in the 80-90's. I'm betting the price starts going up by the end of march though. It was with Royal Carribean. Great time and its all inclusive unless you want there cheap trinkets they try to sell in there shops.

Outer banks is awesome as well. When I go I rent a house up in the 4x4 only area. You can't even get to the houses without walking or a 4x4. AWD is not enough. I pulled several AWD things off the road. Out of season I got an awesome 4000 sq foot beach house for less than $900. Of course then you got gas, food and all that so really the cruise comes out to being a great deal. I"m already talking about another with the wife for next winter.

Evan