Would anyone here go on Pinks?

Buck531

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so who here would actually pay to get a CR Pink's car together? I would put some money and time in on it.

Oh, and I call angry guy in the background saying everything is unfair!

I'd definitely be willing to put some money and time into that. Maybe try to coordinate with the CSCC/CR charity car show? try and win the car for charity?

Ok, so who here would actually pay to get a CR Pink's car together? I would put some money and time in on it.

Oh, and I call angry guy in the background saying everything is unfair!

id put some money up. i would watch people work on the cars and try to learn aswell

Then I call , I get to be the guy that gets to stand there and do nothing but watch. :D

Do they even come anywhere near Central Ohio?

Gateway International Raceway was I think one of the cloest ones maybe Indy Dragway. I was at St Louis Raceway when they ran once.

Interesting thread

i've got an 'ole 10 second car without motor/trans right now - but otherwise setup for racing

it's a '67 lemans

http://homepages.udayton.edu/~mertzgea/car12.JPG

http://homepages.udayton.edu/~mertzgea/car15.JPG

I'd have to think hard about any sort of 'donation' but i'd give it up cheaply - and throw in a decent 389 to build up for it - if we got serious about it

but building pontiacs to race is an expensive proposition - everything else is cheaper/lighter/more feasible

....i guess a big block mounts in easy enough too though

i actully plan on going on there with the Z24... its a win win... if i win, i can ebay the car(s) off and make a few bucks. If i lose, i never have to see it again, never have to fix it again, and never have to pay for tags or insureence on it again.

Either way, i win.

i actully plan on going on there with the Z24... its a win win... if i win, i can ebay the car(s) off and make a few bucks. If i lose, i never have to see it again, never have to fix it again, and never have to pay for tags or insureence on it again.

Either way, i win.

So when you line up against a 11 second car, will you ask for an 1/8th mile head start? That's the gayest shit ever. Period.

So when you line up against a 11 second car, will you ask for an 1/8th mile head start? That's the gayest shit ever. Period.

fuck no. I watched that episode, and the car that Hasport built, was an H22 with a 125 shot... big woop. The Beetle was a single digit car, no doubt in my mind. That half track race was pretty fuckin stupid, but it was out of frustration, and wasnt even supposed to happen... you can hear Rich specificaly say "just give them the win", meaning lets just call the obvious w/o going through all the trouble. Instead, they actully lined up.

They try to stick like cars together, but people bring shit faster than theyre supposed to... ive been around long enough to know what stuff runs, and if you run up against something thats way quicker, dont run... cant lose.

fuck no. I watched that episode, and the car that Hasport built, was an H22 with a 125 shot... big woop. The Beetle was a single digit car, no doubt in my mind. That half track race was pretty fuckin stupid, but it was out of frustration, and wasnt even supposed to happen... you can hear Rich specificaly say "just give them the win", meaning lets just call the obvious w/o going through all the trouble. Instead, they actully lined up.

They try to stick like cars together, but people bring shit faster than theyre supposed to... ive been around long enough to know what stuff runs, and if you run up against something thats way quicker, dont run... cant lose.

Yep.. I remember the host dude saying that they didn't even bring the right car to the track? Or something like that. May have been another episode.

Say you "say" you have a 11 second car. Then BAM, show up to race another 11 second car, but you actualy have a 9 second car.. Fuck that.

Guest crazylady
Interesting thread

i've got an 'ole 10 second car without motor/trans right now - but otherwise setup for racing

it's a '67 lemans

http://homepages.udayton.edu/~mertzgea/car12.JPG

http://homepages.udayton.edu/~mertzgea/car15.JPG

I'd have to think hard about any sort of 'donation' but i'd give it up cheaply - and throw in a decent 389 to build up for it - if we got serious about it

but building pontiacs to race is an expensive proposition - everything else is cheaper/lighter/more feasible

....i guess a big block mounts in easy enough too though

how much are you asking for it? interested!!!lmk.

i think rob has plenty of BBC parts too put a motor together for it.

What I would like to see is a Central Ohio vs a Northeast Ohio edtion of the show.

have 2 shops purchace simular cars and have a set budget to see who can build a better/faster car.

thread winner right fucking there.

maybe that would settle the benchracing once and for all

I have seen many group efforts where people have donated parts and time to build a car just for Pinks. How about us doing one?

I don't have much in the way of finances but I would gladly donate labor. Let me know when or where.

It would be pretty cool to see someone build a car for that.

What I would like to see is a Central Ohio vs a Northeast Ohio edtion of the show.

have 2 shops purchace simular cars and have a set budget to see who can build a better/faster car.

+1.. I believe Pinks travels to the location of the designated race though, and I also believe you have to put in an application like 2 years before you actually get on. (Depending I imagine on how widly known and how sweet the episode would be) I have feeling we could get them to Norwalk, we have enough people on here with connections to make it happen. Lets see it happen. :burn:

I have heard that Pinks is all for charity. So even if the car looses, the shop gets to write it off as a charitable donation. Also I have heard the winning cars are also sold to donation. But of course I am not 100% sure on that, just the rumor I have heard on all the other forums I am on.