Online DVD rentals

MrMeanGreen

Ok, so I'm looking at starting an account for online DVD rentals, and it seems the two it comes down to are Netflix and Blockbuster Online.

What are the Pros and Cons? Both seem about the same, but I can drop the Blockbuster ones off at any store and they'll send them out for me (not a big deal, but I go over there sometimes for the hel of it).

Opinions?

Have had both and dropping the movies off for the win. Plus your movies get sent out as soon as you drop the old ones off at the store. You get a free instore coupon once a month and when we drop off at the store, not only do our requested movies get sent right out, we still exchange the movies we drop off so we have had 4 movies at once.

I've been using Netflix for a little while now. I like it, but there is no "contact Netflix" anywhere! I've rented a couple dvd-sets, and on more than one occasion they have been missing at least 1 dvd from the set. Like they don't even have it.

I have never used netflix so I can't comment on them, but I use BB online and I like it. You can get six movies a month because once you turn them in at the store and get your three from the store (four if you have the free month cupon) they send you out three more from the depot. I'm pleased with it and can't complain other then it takes to long to watch them sometimes since my g/f gets mad if I watch them alone without her.

I'm with Netflix. BB sounds good, but I tend to stay with what works. I do two at a time unlimited per month. Get two on Monday, "watch" them, drop them in the mail on Tuesday, get two on Thursday, "Watch" them, drop them in the mail on Friday, get two on Monday, etc....

Works for me. I have enough places to go and things to do, so actually going to Blockbuster....yes, I'm that Lazy....I'd rather not.

i wouldnt advertise the fact that you copy the dvd's.

i think you get more jail time for that than armed robbery.

but blockbuster is better.

after a few months netflix gets reaaly slow on the turn around time. like a week sometimes.

bb is always nextday.

and with bb you can the new releases.

I had blockbuster online for years. I haven't had netflix ever. I like the monthly coupons you could print out for a free instore rental (this was before you were able to take the movies back to the store. sending them back in was the only option). Also they sometimes give you coupons for like $5 off buying a used dvd in the store.

The problem I have with Netflix is... right after I signed up, I got two movies, returned them, they sent me two more, returned them...then got a notice that they never received Million Dollar Baby. They ended up charging my account and I dropped them. They could tell me everytime that I didn't return something because I'll never know. Screw that, I'd go with BB.

I've tried both and BB has the better service IMO.

The ability to return them in-store for more free movies really up's the count on what you can burn/return quickly. OMG HAXORS...I SAID IT

I have never had a problem, and if you ever have an issue with the quality of the disc or missing you can simply walk into the store and they can resolve all your issues there.

I have had Netflix for about 3-4 years now and never had a problem. Yeah everyonce in a while they claim they don't get a movie back or I never receive it, but I just report them lost and I have never had a problem. It doesn't happen that often to me. The turn around time is pretty quick with mine. I have the unlimited 3 at a time and I normally have a new movie every day. I "watch" them and return them the next day. What I like about Netflix is that they have a very extensive list of movies. I like a lot of strange, no name movies, and they always seem to have what I find. I don't have any experience with BB, but I have heard there selection is pretty limited and that for those who have it, there Blue-Ray selection is horrible. I know Netflix seems to have a very big selection of the Blue-Ray discs.

I have had Netflix for about 3-4 years now and never had a problem. Yeah everyonce in a while they claim they don't get a movie back or I never receive it, but I just report them lost and I have never had a problem. It doesn't happen that often to me. The turn around time is pretty quick with mine. I have the unlimited 3 at a time and I normally have a new movie every day. I "watch" them and return them the next day. What I like about Netflix is that they have a very extensive list of movies. I like a lot of strange, no name movies, and they always seem to have what I find. I don't have any experience with BB, but I have heard there selection is pretty limited and that for those who have it, there Blue-Ray selection is horrible. I know Netflix seems to have a very big selection of the Blue-Ray discs.

Yeah I reported it right away when I didn't see that they have received it yet and for a couple weeks it was just listed as lost but then I had $25 taken out of my account.

And I made copies aswell, and even still have the "lost" movie but they don't want a copy.

Netflix sucks. If you go through movies quickly they take their time with shipping to "throttle" your rentals back. I think there was a lawsuit against them for this. Their settlement was one free month. Bullshit. I dropped them and now would rather go to blockbuster.