Funeral shipping a body

wnaplay1647545503

Anyone ever have to ship a body from state to state for burial? My aunt is in mississippi and probably wont be around much longer. She never or will never have a dime to her name nor her kids so my family will have to go to the rescue of the rest of the family(again). Anyone have any idea what it costs or what you will need to do it? I was told something like $8000 but that seems excessive. Anyone know if we could just pick up the body and drive it back?

I'd check with someone from a funeral home first, then an attorney. I know there are CDC (Center for Disease Control) regulations that require certain paperwork to be filled out.

Boy am I glad i have a bit of tact and diplomacy. This thread could go downhill fast!

Talk to a funeral home. It cost us 7K to have Mom shipped from Florida to Ohio, but the enbalming, casket, packing, ect was all included in that. We had a viewing down there for her neighbors, thn one up here for friends/family of this (norwalk) area. Also, a decent basic headstone is about 1K, and it goes straight up from there.

Since you will probably get stuck with the funeral and other costs, take out a policy on her. Ususally 10K in insurance can be had prety cheap, and goes a long way to paying shit like this.

If you have any detailed questions, PM me and Ill awnser what I can.

We had to do this with my grandmother from SC to L.I. NY and I think they quoted us 2k. At the time my family didn't have that kind of money to spend (she passed unexpectedly) so we had her creamated in SC, then put he the back of our Hondaa Passport for the drive to NY. Then had a ceremony in NY with all the family and whatnot, she was laid to rest next to my grandfather who pass a year earlier.

Not the best situation but someone we made the most of it I suppose.

yes you should talk to people from a funeral home. its sure interesting the questions i see pop up here on a racing board.

It is possible to get them shipped, how much it costs I don't know but I know its possible as my grandmother who lived in CT was buried in Arlington National Cemetery in VA.

was your grand father in the forces?

10K to die is ludicrisp. :) What the fuck do poor people do? This is acyually a good topic, I never knew it was so much. I am not wasting that kind of scratch on a freakin furneral for me. I would rather the family take a kick ass vacation for 10k. That just seems like rape to me, 10k to put some one in the ground. Hell we could buy a plot of land, zone it for a cemetary and have our own family cemetary for that kind of money I would think. Throw me in a box and cover me up. You do not have to preserve the body, my wifes religion mandates that she be buried within 24 hrs of her death and there cannot be any type of enbalming. When we went to Paris and Rome I had to sit down with her parents to have a plan if something happend to her. It would be up to me to take care of it there. Lucklly nothing happened but a painful conversation to say the least. After the talk, "BTW have a good vacation".

I have had to deal with this in the last few months as my "adopted" dad died of cancer. He wanted to be buried in Mo, in the family cemetery.

(He is not my dad, but my best friend of 20 years, father.)

This is the place that we used for moving his body.

http://ohiomortuaryservice.com/

I feel weird talking about.. so i feel the need to say this..

God Rest Your Soul, You are greatly Missed

Major Randy C Randolph

03-21-53 to 12-3-06