how does everyone feel about Allstate?

evan9381

out of sheer boredom last night, i decided to call them up and see what they wanted to cover me. right now, for full coverage through progressive, im paying around 210/mo...now progressive only checks back 3 years, and in that time, i have an accident and a ticket, from the same incident. allstate goes back 5, which has a lot more stuff in those 2 years...

when i checked with allstate, it came out to being under 800$/6 months (about 140ish), and that was for full coverage, plus all the accident forgiveness, 5% off for 6 months without an accident, etc etc

i wanted to see if anyone uses allstate, and if so, how they were about handling claims if/when they came up. they seem like a reputable company, but i wanted to check with some people first hand before i make the switch

out of sheer boredom last night, i decided to call them up and see what they wanted to cover me. right now, for full coverage through progressive, im paying around 210/mo...now progressive only checks back 3 years, and in that time, i have an accident and a ticket, from the same incident. allstate goes back 5, which has a lot more stuff in those 2 years...

when i checked with allstate, it came out to being under 800$/6 months (about 140ish), and that was for full coverage, plus all the accident forgiveness, 5% off for 6 months without an accident, etc etc

i wanted to see if anyone uses allstate, and if so, how they were about handling claims if/when they came up. they seem like a reputable company, but i wanted to check with some people first hand before i make the switch

actually all insurance companys go back 5 years.

accidents and violations are only chargeable for 35 months and major violations are chargable for 60 months.

I guess you guys have not watched the news in the past year with the whole insurance scam from the New Orleans incident. All insurance suck, but if you just stick with one company they will most likely give you lower rate than any other.

No, we had no idea? Where's is New Orleans? And what happened there?

What relevancy does you posting about New Orleans do for this thread?

Stick to recommending that someone work with the same company for awhile. That's good advice.

What relevancy does you posting about New Orleans do for this thread?

That Allstate (among others, they weren't the only ones) basically did anything and everything they could to blame every piece of damage on flooding, which wasn't covered, even in those areas that didn't have floods. What's to say they won't try pulling the same crap when you're in an accident... "Well, it's not our fault, and because you didn't get your oil changed every 3000mi like our policy says, the total brake failure is your problem. Yeah, we know the engine oil isn't related, but you didn't do the changes. Glad to take your money, see you next billing cycle!"

Turn on CNN, Anderson Cooper is supposedto do a piece about how bad they are. Allstate has a policy of denying all soft tissue claims and forcing them to court. They also will low ball any settlements. Just speaking from the doctors side of things.Cooper

Turn on CNN, Anderson Cooper is supposedto do a piece about how bad they are. Allstate has a policy of denying all soft tissue claims and forcing them to court. They also will low ball any settlements. Just speaking from the doctors side of things.

amen.

they suck for auto.

low balled me on an injury claim. they said they would drag it out in court for years before they settled for anything near what they owed.

amen.

they suck for auto.

low balled me on an injury claim. they said they would drag it out in court for years before they settled for anything near what they owed.

I treat TONS of personal injury claims and they SUCK!!!!!!!

well i called them up today on my break to see if they got my MVR report back...when they say any violations in the last 5 years, they mean EVERYTHING...they included a tint ticket (non moving), equipment violation (speeding pleaded down), an accident which i did not get a ticket for, nor did i go through insurance for it, an "accident" where a woman tried to pass me on the left when i was backing out of a space, no ticket, but insurance had to pay out on it

but even with all these things i didnt even think to include, and i had forgotten about on some of them, they said it would be around 960/6 months, which came out to i think about 165$/mo...still almost 50$/mo cheaper

now to those who are saying filing a claim w/ allstate sucks, have you people had progressive to compare to? would it be worth the extra $45/mo to stay with progressive or are they gonna try to shaft me as bad as allstate?

V8KILR, I like the perspective you bring to this. I have not heard that Allstate will be difficult for you claiming on your policy. I had heard that if someone is claiming against you, that they are brutal. Have you had any experience with USAA? If I ever change from Allstate, that is where I'm taking my business.

now to those who are saying filing a claim w/ allstate sucks, have you people had progressive to compare to?

I had Progressive years ago, and had a claim with them. I was HIGHLY impressed with how they handled my claim.

I only got rid of them due to the discount I get with house insurance (they didn't offer), and their motorcycle insurance at the time was crazy expensive.